Help With Communicating For FM & Other Illnesses/Problems

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help With Communicating For FM & Other Illnesses/Problems

Postby Sue1968 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:35 am

Hi Folks,

Not sure if this is going to be in the right place, but I've recently come across a really good way of communicating my fibromyalgia pain and other illnesses or disabilities, I actually carry a set of laminated cards round with me. I got them from stickmancommunications.com(I think) might be .co.uk, I just can't remember but the site is great for a lot of things. It has a range of different laminated cards that you can mix and match to suit, I have a personal friend who is a friend of the owner. Please take a look.
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Re: Help With Communicating For FM & Other Illnesses/Problem

Postby Lindilou » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:24 am

Sue, just looked at those cards - very interesting. Will look in more detail later as my head is not 'right' at the min.

The website is
http://www.stickmancommunications.co.uk
Lindilou

Postby Theresa34 » Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:51 am

It might help a few but I don't need it personally. I manage quite well even with the fog.

What are the laminated cards for?
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:42 am

Sue, I've split you off from where you originally made your post, retitled it, and moved it onto this board as it is more suitable for what this is about.

I've had a look at the some of the stuff on the site, I think the cards are great, there have been a vast number of times I could have used them over the years. Think I might be adding some of them to a suitable keyring shortly :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sue1968 » Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:48 am

Hi all

The stickman cards already come on a keyring, I've just added a lanyard that can go around your neck to carry them safely so if I fall in a public place they are in full view of medical help, you can put them in any order that you wish, I also ordered the emergency contact number card as that is very useful information for hospital staff or paramedics

Hope this helps, and please visit the linky that has been provided and take a look

Sue
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Postby Sue1968 » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:00 am

Hi folks

Just been looking at the stickmancommunications website and Hannah has added some really good cards including CRPS, she also told me that she had a tweet from an emergengy biker to say that one of their patients had the stickman cards in their bag and it was very helpful to treat the patient. So even if you don't think they're any good these are a fantastic idea to have in your bag.

Sue1968
Sue1968
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping