can we get vat exemptiom

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

can we get vat exemptiom

Postby dazzleship » Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:28 pm

Hi

Quick question. We've just been online ordering another pair of crutches for me so I have a second pair in a different colour :-) and in case anything ever goes wrong with my existing pair.

Anyway on the website it said it was possible to claim vat exemption if you are illegible but I wasn't sure whether I really qualified or not after reading the description (and googling it said there were 'severe penalties' if you claim it when you are not illegible)

so in the end we decided safer to just pay the VAT. but it got me wondering - would I have been able to legally claim the exemption? the reason I'm not sure is you know what it's like with Fibro and people not recognizing it as a 'proper' illness :roll:

I can't walk far without my crutches (I use them every day at work and whenever I go out).
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Re: can we get vat exemptiom

Postby Tally1068 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 11:47 am

Yes. You should be VAT exempt. Fibro is one of the recognised conditions. Just fill in the declaration.

Shame, :-D You could have had mine. I can no longer use them as my shoulders wont support them.
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby Helhit » Sun Sep 14, 2014 2:32 pm

I bought a walking stick from my local motability shop and they asked me to sign to say I had fibro, then knocked off the VAT.
Fibro is like the wind. You can't see it and when it flares up it knocks you off your feet!
Helhit
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Thu Sep 18, 2014 1:08 pm

thanks for your replies. in hindsight I should have asked on here before we placed the order :roll:

but I'll know for next time if I ever need anything like that again.

thanks again
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping