Natural Remedies

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Natural Remedies

Postby katybaby411 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:23 pm

About 3 months ago I gave up on meds and decided to tackle my symptoms myself considering I know my body better than anyone.
The only thing I take is passion fruit pills (natural) to help me sleep. I also purchased a good quality mattress which has made the world of difference. If I sleep stressed, my symptoms are definitely worse the next day often resulting in headaches from the pain in the muscles in the back of my neck and back. In the evenings, I try to exercise for 45 mins, i've found that it makes me more tired and I sleep deeper. I also stretch a lot in the morning and evenings, this has improved my posture. For me, sleep determines how bad my symptoms are. I also use this cellutox active body oil, which I rub into my upper back before bed. It helps break up the built up lactic acid and relaxes the muscles. Does anyone else have any natural tips/ways of coping they can share? :roll:
katybaby411
UKFM Newbie

Re: Natural Remedies

Postby dazzleship » Mon Jan 19, 2015 11:00 pm

well done you, I think that's really good Katy :-D

I don't really have many tips to share, I suppose one would be massage - we have one of those battery operated massage-balls that we got from Tiger Stores (I've mentioned it on here before). hubby massages my muscles with it and it is really great at getting rid of some of the knots in the muscles, especially on my back.
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby Brian » Tue Jan 20, 2015 12:44 am

The best natural medication you'll get for fibromyalgia and loads of other illneses is cannabis but the government won't legalise it as they make to much money getting big pharma to make rubbish drugs that don't work
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby Charmed » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:58 am

Well that post certainly woke me up this morning Brian :-)

I definitely agree the rubbish drugs don't work though, Sometimes I wonder what's the Fibro and what's the side effects of all the meds.
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby Brian » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:07 am

I keep this as I like to educate people especially people with terminal cancer or any cancer,I've got his e-book and its full of information on different illnesses and fibromyalgia is in it as well

Cannabis oil cures cancer,check Ricks Facebook page and he's got a website,this has been known for years that's why the American government hold the patent to it and spend 20 billion dollars each year to suppress this information as they make more money out of s*** cancer drugs that don't work and do more damage than good

You can't patent a plant this is why G.W Pharmacuticals UK company have made a tablet form of cannabis oil and are currently awaiting to get the patent for it but I'm sure it will cost a fortune when you could grow your own medicine
Last edited by denys on Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removal of link
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby Fibrad » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:44 pm

My allergies have increased tenfold since FM diagnosis so I have also gone down the natural route. I have been so ill from certain meds that I am reluctant to take anything other than paracetamol these days! Acupuncture has helped with my pain. Big overhaul with diet and try to be gluten and dairy light (can't boast to being free!), lots of salad/fruit/veg to keep digestion moving as noticed that slowed down as my activity levels dropped - I was a fitness freak before diagnosis but now just do yoga and muscle strengthening/toning exercises to keep supple and to tire me out. I work part-time which helps me psychologically - felt useless when I wasn't working also love the social contact - being at home was too isolating and depressing. I know that I am not as bad as many people here but the natural way definitely works for me.
Fibrad
UKFM Member

Postby MissGems73 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:17 am

My niece gave me a harding and balis gift set for christmas its french lavender and cassis and she bought it because i have problems sleeping, and i've found this has helped me to relax and helps reduce the stress of a day. ive also had Acupuncture in the past and that definitely helped me with sleeping unfortunately not so great with helping with pain for me, I have had reflexology and reiki and both worked well with the pain and sleep but only very short term and i couldn't afford to keep up with them unfortunately, i know colleges do reduce price therapies but i'm too nervous to let someone who hasn't learnt properly yet have a go on me incase they make things worse.
MissGems73
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:26 pm

Please stop posting about illegal drugs others have been banned for very similar posts, not getting into any discussions or arguments about it as I have to keep repeating the same thing over and over, the rules for basic membership are very clear and everyone should have read them on joining the group. This is an open forum and if the owner of the site is deemed to have supported such posts then the site could be closed down :!: :!: :!: :!:

It matters not a jot what personal opinions we have on the subject, its a matter of what is legal and what is not :!: :!: :!:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Theresa34 » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:24 pm

denys wrote:Please stop posting about illegal drugs others have been banned for very similar posts, not getting into any discussions or arguments about it as I have to keep repeating the same thing over and over, the rules for basic membership are very clear and everyone should have read them on joining the group. This is an open forum and if the owner of the site is deemed to have supported such posts then the site could be closed down :!: :!: :!: :!:

It matters not a jot what personal opinions we have on the subject, its a matter of what is legal and what is not :!: :!: :!:

Thank you for the voice of reason Denys. Sick of hearing about Cannibis being the answer to everything!

Katy, I take meds for my sleep and pain which obviously aren't natural. Too scared to do without though :shock: I am trying to find other ways to self help. I try to exercise when I can. Recently re started so body needs to get used the bursts of energy I need for the workout! I also like using hot baths with Epsom salts and recently started taking more natural meds like magnesium & b vitamins. The most i do for myself is push myself. Even when I hurt or want to throw in the towel, I find that little bit of determination in myself to at least try first which usually turns out to be a great idea :lol:

Keep trying to help yourself, you're showing great strength hun x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby karrier-bag » Wed Jan 21, 2015 3:50 pm

I use sage for hot sweats, valerian for stress / bad sleep and devils claw for joints all from local health food store and i have found for myself, if i take all three before i go to bed i have a much better nights sleep. :+)
"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."
Douglas Adams
karrier-bag
UKFM Member

Postby Brian » Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:01 pm

I didn't know it wasn't allowed I just thought education is better than ignorance,I won't post anything about it again
Brian
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:19 pm

Thank you Brian xx

Every once in a while, a dog enters your life and changes everything xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:29 pm

Thanks Brian, my old doc suggested trying the natural/herbal route to see if anything would up the pain relief, to be honest I haent found anything yet but we live in hope so keep :-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Zia2014 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 4:40 pm

katybaby411 wrote:The only thing I take is passion fruit pills (natural) to help me sleep. I also use this cellutox active body oil, which I rub into my upper back before bed. It helps break up the built up lactic acid and relaxes the muscles.

Hi Katy,

well done on coming off the meds. Can you please tell me where you get the passion fruit pills and cellutox active body oil from? I'm interested in trying those. To me sleep massively affects everything else as well so I am always looking for ways to help!

Not sure if you would count this as a natural remedy but I find a TENS machine really helps my shoulders/neck.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby katybaby411 » Thu Jan 29, 2015 5:48 pm

Thanks everyone, I'm going to try most of these.

The passion fruit pills are called Nytol you can get them at any pharmacy or big supermarket e.g Asda. The cellutox active gel I bought from a private spa on a cruise. I'm not sure where to buy it but recently I've started using music gel with pain killer. It works wonders!
katybaby411
UKFM Newbie

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping