Diagnosed 2 months ago

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Diagnosed 2 months ago

Postby Atkins_La » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:53 pm

Diagnosed recently but had years and years of pain and just put it down to me whining too much! until now, on so much medication but still feel the pain so much, does anyone get extreme face ache? what else can I do to help me?? at a loss right now! only 26!
Atkins_La
UKFM Member

Re: Diagnosed 2 months ago

Postby ixel-chick » Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:59 pm

Hi there - and a big welcome to the forum!

'fraid I got no tips on an aching face, as luckily this wasn't an issue (aching skull was, but not the face). Only thing I had with my face, was my face felt wet with sweat when I started my new tabs (it wasn't, just felt like it).

Hope you find some something that helps you, and hopefully someone will be along with some tips.
☐ Fibro Mode / ☑ Normal Mode
ixel-chick
UKFM Member

Postby Theresa34 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 10:28 am

I was diagnosed last year. I don't have face aching but I do get a painful jaw which is clicky and if I yawn suddenly sometimes it feels like I've pulled a muscle. I'm 35 xxx
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:52 pm

I get tense in my face so yes the jaw area is affected, and I often get searing pain in my jaw/front of neck.

Are you on any meds? Are you getting any help?
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Diane64 » Thu Feb 05, 2015 9:09 pm

I get this now and again, when was on gabapentin it helped to dampen down the nerve pain, but like everything else "things" come and go, not got any tips though sorry, I just put it down to another nippy fibro thing.
Diane64
UKFM Member

Postby Atkins_La » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:34 pm

Zia2014 wrote:I get tense in my face so yes the jaw area is affected, and I often get searing pain in my jaw/front of neck.

Are you on any meds? Are you getting any help?

Thanks for your post, Yes am on meds, tramadol, diclofenac, gabpentin, dospuelin, serterline, vitamin D think that is everything! haha

Just seeing how things go really :(
Atkins_La
UKFM Member

Postby dobermann84 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:44 pm

I have had really bad jaw and face pain, to the point where I had to go on a liquid diet till it calmed down. I found magnesium oil pretty helpful. Maybe not on the face because it can sting a bit but I used it wherever I had pain.
dobermann84
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping