duvet problems causing unbearable pain

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

duvet problems causing unbearable pain

Postby disabled bunny » Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:58 am

Apologies if this has been discussed before.But I just wondered if anyone else has the same problem as me.i can't bear having a duvet over my legs the pain is excruciating.i have to use one velvety type blanket or throw.my pain is awful when I am just lying in bed.i cant seem to get comfortable.
I try and rest a pillow between my knees but even that hurts after a while.
I am currently on lots of new medication and have to report back to the Dr on 16/3.
Another thing I used to weigh 30 stone through sheer hard work I am now down to 23 stone BUT the pain is worse much more since I started loosing weight.was the fat cushioning my joints?why am in so much more agony?
Thank you I hope you can help me.
disabled bunny
UKFM Newbie

Re: duvet problems causing unbearable pain

Postby bandj » Wed Mar 11, 2015 6:51 pm

Hi, the only thing I can suggest is that you ask your doctor for advice. The pain could be from causes other than fibro. I can't have anything to heavy on my legs so often stick them out of the blanket whilst my top is snuggled down!! Crazy, eh?! You can get a frame which sits under your mattress and holds the covers away from your legs. That may be worth trying.
Well done on losing so much weight -that's quite an achievement!
Hope things improve for you soon. Sending you gentle :hugs:
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Re: duvet problems causing unbearable pain

Postby Queenie_70 » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:39 pm

Hi disabled bunny,

(Great name by the way). Can you tell I am a Blackadder fan:)

Anyway, in regards to the pain. I too have had it so bad that the sheet was causing pain. It wasn't until I was unconscious from a combination of drugs and exhaustion, that my OH dared cover me up. It frightened him to see the level of pain that this condition can cause. (We have only been together for less than a year now, so first time flare-up witness).

I called my doctor the next day and pushed for help. You have to fight and make them understand the level of pain that can occur. I was treated with respect and given an increase in medication. It takes time, but it has been a while since my pain has reached that level again. Unfortunately we are having a cold snap so my hands etc are beginning to let me know that a flare is on its way:(

Do not let it get any worse. Be pro-active and get the help you need. I agree that while it is so bad, some sort of frame to lift the covers off so you get the warmth, but not the weight, might help, but please call and get a same day if possible and good luck sweetie....my thoughts and prayers are with you.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping