Siactica/low back pain

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Siactica/low back pain

Postby Gilly52 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:25 pm

Does anyone have any tips on coping with Siactica and low back pain. ??

Spoken to the pharmacist this morning on the phone ( no chance of walking there), he said it sounded if it was in the very acute inflamed stage and has suggested Ibuprofen 400mg......yet again more pills, I am on Pregablin and amitripylene......I will start to rattle soon, if the tablets did the work we expect from then....maybe I would not feel so disillusioned, but the pain is getting to me now after 10 days.
My knee on the other side is starting to ache.....probably I am struggling to walk and weight is being thrown to the opposite side.

Any tips at all will be very welcome, many thanks in advance.

Take Care
Gilly x
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Re: Siactica/low back pain

Postby Theresa34 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:08 pm

My heated mattress gives me some comfort x Other than that, not a lot I can do. When I'm able to, I'm getting back to pikates.when I did that my lower back pain was at a minimum x
I am a fibro fighter not a fibro sufferer. I will keep fighting from the minute I get up til the minute I go to bed.
Theresa34
UKFM Member

Postby skyvan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:54 am

I tend to use one of those bean filled bag thingies you put in the microwave Gilly. Heat seems more effective,faster,than ibu. etc.I take 400's,codine,the lot and heat seems the most effective..short term anyway!I suffer from osteoarthritis as well (lucky me ) and heat pads do my hands etc. a lot of good.
I get knocked down,but I get up again....slowly and carefully!!
skyvan
UKFM Newbie

Postby whoami » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:26 pm

Talk to your Dr and get to the root of the siatica pain, then it can be treated. Sciatica can be caused from anything from herniated disk to infection. Although many with fibro suffer with this I have been told by numerous professionals it is not a symptom of fibro. Mine is caused by herniated and degenerative disks causing pressure on the nerves.
[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping