PEMF therapy

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

PEMF therapy

Postby dobermann84 » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:37 pm

Hello everyone, I am new to the board but have been suffering with fibromyalgia for about a year. This condition rapidly transformed me from a once active, super-fit and energetic young man into someone who is constantly exhausted, constantly in pain and pretty much house bound. In the beginning of the year I would build myself up to the point where I would attempt to exercise again like my old self. This would result in me requiring a month to recover and the idea of getting back into work was unimaginable. One alternative therapy I found particularly helpful was PEMF therapy or pulsed electromagnetic field therapy. Within one month of use I was able to exercise again. Within two months I was exercising three times a week. After three months I have been exercising consistently without missing a week since I started and have finally been able to get back to work. This weekend I was able to shingle a cabin roof, something I thought impossible only a few months ago. The device I used was the IMRS 2000 and I was able to get it from the PEMF Centre in Hertfordshire. The pain is still with me but it has definitely lessened. Also my recovery has greatly improved. Instead of needing a week or a month to recover when I've done too much, now I usually only need to rest for an hour or two and I'm able to bounce back. I'm hopeful again a feel full recovery is now possible.
dobermann84
UKFM Newbie

Re: PEMF therapy

Postby Zia2014 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 4:30 pm

Was this through the NHS? I've looked at this before and can't for the life of me work out how it helps something like Fibro...
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby dobermann84 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:43 pm

its a private therapy. to be honest when i first saw it i couldnt see how it would help me either as its not conventional. as i was desperate i decided to give it a try and it has definitely pushed me to another level in terms of my recovery and pain levels. even my wife uses it as she suffers from back pain. if you google dr oz and pemf theres a good video from a tv show in the usa that can explain the technology and how it works better than i could.
dobermann84
UKFM Newbie

Postby TheHud » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:05 pm

Shingle a cabin roof in the UK Dobermann84, you may be on the wrong board, this is UK Fibromyalgia lol

If it works for you then that is great I am glad something does for someone.

Here are the studies that have actually been done on PEMF. Given that most hospitals chronic pain clinics trail almost anything to help long term sufferers they do look at everything so maybe soon. Have a look at the academic research that has been carried out. Link below.

https://www.evidence.nhs.uk/Search?q=pu ... ld+therapy
TheHud
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping