Coping with a day out?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Coping with a day out?

Postby z200 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:09 am

For the single parents with young kids - how do you manage a day out?
I want to take my 7 and 9 year olds out for trips during the holidays, but I am so anxious as to how I will manage..! So far I've managed the supermarket. That's it!! Just stayed at home!!

Physically. Mentally. Emotionally. I can not accept I am having to struggle with all this!!! And this isn't just a fibro thing. Amongst other things, I have coeliac disease and IBS. So I am reluctant to eat out anywhere unless I take my own food.....!
Be much easier with a partner to help with everything .... But on your own..... Well. You just feel alone and isolated!
Please help..... I don't want to give my kids a boring holiday :( sorry for the moan :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
z200
UKFM Member

Re: Coping with a day out?

Postby z200 » Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:31 pm

No..... I can't work out how to cope, either..........

z200
UKFM Member

Postby UnderSiege » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:01 am

Hi z200.

Your problem is one I don't know how to counter. I've seen a few ppl with unusual issues on here (Fibro is unusual to begin with and it goes on from there right?) but yours is really tricky...

Do you have any friend that could help out at all? Maybe relatives?

Seriously I'm racking my brains on this one...

It's actually stressing me that you're having this issue now. Your kids need at least some kid time and trips out...

Alright, short of telling them the score (if they don't already know) and letting them know that they need to behave or disaster could ensue. I think they're old enough to understand (I had the housekey at 7 and had to make my own dinner cos my mum worked until 10pm) But other than that you're stuck in a rut...
(and I hate to think that anybody with Fibro etc should ever be completely without options)

I wish I could actually help instead of coming up with half solutions. Tell you what, I'll keep you in mind and have a think about it and let you know if I come up with anything ok.

Try not to let it get you too upset.
UnderSiege
UKFM Member

Postby bandj » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:28 pm

I'm sorry you are in this situation, I wish I could help.

When my first husband left me my son was four and a half . We didn't have much money and, although I had other health conditions, I didn't have fibro. However, we lived in Dawlish and could go to the besch and amusement arcade.

how about seeing if your local library has activities or details of activities. Does your town hold a carnival? Ours do and the local children have a ball. Do they like crafty things? You could challenge them to make something out of cardboard boxes, paper and any other bits you have lying around. Do you have family who could have your children for a few days to give you, and them!, a break.

I'm sorry that I'm not being much help. I hope you all have a good summer.
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby z200 » Sun Aug 02, 2015 11:46 am

Thank you for your replies... I'm stuck in a rut....
Parents are local but mum isn't well at the moment so can't look after the girls....
I'm trying to find places that I can let them run wild while I can sit down....
But things like farms, or anywhere that requires being on my feet for hours.... Pffft.... It's amazing what an extra pair of hands can do.

z200
UKFM Member

Postby Mandae » Sun Aug 02, 2015 10:19 pm

Hiya, sorry your having a hard time, I can only imagine how hard it is to have this and look after children.

Do yo have any indoor play places near you my friend and I take her kids to one. We just sit and talk while they go off and play. We get peace they get worn out. Or maybe just the park for the day. Frisbee , ball lunch for them you can sit and sunbath. maybe a beach. Or swimming, you could stay to the side and enjoy just being in the water while watching them splash around and have fun.

Sorry I'm just racking my brains for things I did with mine when they were younger
Mandae
UKFM Member

Postby z200 » Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:09 am

Thank you, mandae

z200
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping