feeling high I guess

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

feeling high I guess

Postby Debbie89 » Tue Dec 29, 2015 12:13 am

Hi I am diagnosed with fibro and am getting sick and tired of feeling what I would describe as high. Not that I can relate to being high but just what you expect to feel. Or like when you're drunk. It's just this sort of spacey feeling like something just isn't right and then I sort of feel like I'm not connected to my body. Like I'm doing things but I'm not there if that makes sense to anybody. I know what I mean but I'm probably dreadful at describing it. I guess I just don't feel like I should. I was wondering if anybody else knows the feelings I mean and if so any coping tips please as it makes me feel all out of sorts and I really don't like it thanks
Debbie89
UKFM Member

Re: feeling high I guess

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:48 pm

I sometimes feel as if I'm detached, disassociated, or on the outside and looking in on my life. It tends to be when things are particularly flarey, stressful, upsetting, lacking in sleep, feeling as if I'm reaching the absolute limit of what I can do. It tends to be like a bit of a last warning sign before I'm about to crash and burn.

Similar sensations can also occur when a new med or therapy/treatment is started, or if there has been a change in dosage of meds, or a change in intensity of a treatment/therapy being undertaken.

They do tend to start easing off after a little while. Just wish I could tell you how long it could take.

And there is always the possibility that these sensations may not be related to FM. If you think this may be the case, or things seems to be worsening, or it is giving you some real cause for concern, you could always mention it to your GP and see what they think about it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Help / Tips on Coping