Help with burnout

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Help with burnout

Postby WhiteWolf13 » Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:51 pm

I would like to know what tips you guys have for someone having burnout - which is making Fibro worse. I don't have the option of changing what I do, & lately it's hit me like a wave. All of a sudden, I'm angry at the tasks I do every day out of nowhere, & I feel like I don't accomplish what I want to. Stuff just piles up & the pain from Fibro doesn't help. It burns quite badly & my GP is trying to change my pills to plain old paracetamol. I think it might have something to do with my sudden inability to cope. Anyway, can you folks give me any advice as to how to ride this all out a bit better? Cheers!
WhiteWolf13
UKFM Newbie

Re: Help with burnout

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:53 pm

Hi,

At the moment I'm off work, I've been signed off sick for the past 3 weeks, I've simply burnt out. I'm trying to take this time to look after myself, to practise some self-care and try to sleep!

Is it possible to take some time off work?

Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: Help with burnout

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:14 pm

Could you see a different GP?? Maybe ask if there is one at your practice who tends to see patients with FM, CFS/ME and other similar conditions. The worry and stress about your meds could be a considerable contributary factor in how you are thinking and feeling at the moment.

Have you spoken to your employer about your condition and how it can affect you at different times?? If not, it may be something to consider doing, then if something causes a flare~up in work, they will be aware of the probable cause and hopefully be able to work with you to get thru it.

Are you able to take regular breaks, even if it's just a few minutes at a time??? If you can, try to do so. A few mins away from the source of what may be annoying/upsetting you, and doing something completely unrelated, can help you re~focus. Have a drink of something indulgent, or something refreshing that might help you feel a tad brighter. There are also mind exercises you could try, such as visualising something that makes you feel more settled and comfortable.

If you can, make your home, or a part of it, your little sanctuary.

When things are flaring up, prioritise what needs to be done, putting only the very important/essential things at the top of Mr List and only do what is absolutely necessary until you feel things are improving/getting better and are ready to add a little extra to what you are doing.

For the times when pretty much everything is out of the question, have a spot in your sanctuary where you are as comfortable as possible with the things you need close by and have a duvet or pj kind of time/day. Indulge in a little comfort food, watch or listen to something silly or cheesey or is a guilty pleasure, anything that might help distract you, even for a little while, and make you feel a little more lifted.

And finally..... Be kind to yourself!!! We are very good at being our own worst enemy and ignoring the signs that things are heading towards BurnOut. If you can take a step or 2 back now and again, altho it may not stop things flaring up, or shorten the time that they will be like that, just being aware, and having plans in place to deal with them can at least make the time you need to ride them out that touch easier to get thru.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Help / Tips on Coping