Trouble sleeping.

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Trouble sleeping.

Postby Guniea » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:09 am

Hi everyone
I'm really struggling with sleeping I get of to sleep but then get alot of break through pain in the night,any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated thanks.
Guniea
UKFM Newbie

Re: Trouble sleeping.

Postby dotty lotty » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:08 am

I take valerian at night. Think it helps a bit but still awake in the wee small hours.
Also have a couple of memory foam toppers on mattress so it is nice and soft. :teddy-bear:
dotty lotty
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:23 pm

I have the same problem. I fall over to sleep no problem at all, but the pain wakes me up. Stuff and sore when I try and turn round.
I was at the GP the other week explaining this to him. It feels like my muscles and tendons, get stuck in the position I fall asleep in. He gave me a low dose diazepam to see if it would relax my muscles, however, 2mgs had the effect I thought it would - zilch! I'm going to make another appointment with him.
I have a memory foam matress, but I don't feel it makes any difference.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Guniea » Thu Feb 16, 2017 11:33 pm

Thank you for your replies it's nice to no I'm not on my own, I take amitriptyline at night and zapain during the day but the constant desturbed sleep is so frustrating.It sounds just like what you described everything stiffens up so when i move in my sleep the pain wakes me up. :( .
Guniea
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jull » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:45 pm

Guniea wrote:Hi everyone
I'm really struggling with sleeping I get of to sleep but then get alot of break through pain in the night,any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

Where's your pain?
Jull
UKFM Member

Postby perseus » Tue Mar 14, 2017 12:50 pm

I've got a similar problem, early waking, although there doesn't need to be any pain. I awoke before 5am today!

I occasionally take Zopiclone which is addictive over the long run. It's important to stay upright and avoid nodding off during the day. This should make you tired enough for a long nights sleep. That's the theory!
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby Jull » Thu Mar 23, 2017 1:14 pm

Which part do you get the pain?
Jull
UKFM Member

Postby andysalisbury » Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:24 pm

Whilst I cannot speak from personal experience. My wife has very much the same problem, and has for years. As well as so morph and amitriptyline she takes diazepam at night to help her sleep. It works some nights, but not all.
andysalisbury
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping