Stressed!!!!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Stressed!!!!

Postby Glitterhooker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:07 am

I apologise now for the rant but I really need to talk....
I work as a care coordinator for a large well known company
Over the last few weeks my workload has increased. I started with a flare up in June and thought I would be ok after my 2 weeks hoilday in July. We no I'm nothe. I've been back 2 weeks now and already my pain in though the roof. I amy have painc attacks and the exhausted is beyond belief. I feel that I have the whole office on my shoulders and no one is willing to help. I'm looking at cutting my hours back as I really can't cope. I love me job but I'm really struggling tired and snappy.god I hate this illness. My desk at work is also coursing pain and uncomfortable. I feel like I have no to talk too no one to trust and understand me.
Glitterhooker
UKFM Newbie

Re: Stressed!!!!

Postby perseus » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:11 am

Hi Glitterhooker

I'm so sorry to hear about your predicament. It sounds like you need a care co-ordinator, what does the job entail exactly?

I worked with this condition for around ten years. Usually larger companies should have some type of independent welfare officer who may be able to advise you specifically how the company might react or help people with similar disabilities. You can then decide whether to disclose the condition to Human resources if you've not already done so. From there you can discuss how to manage your workload more effectively. It might be beneficial to do this because employers have various obligations under disability laws, and it might be less stressful to you to disclose it.

There's a few links below which may help, let us know how you get on, and good luck.

There's a comprehensive factsheet for employees with fibromyalgia here
http://www.fmauk.org/information-packs- ... imitstart=

This is how employers should view fibromyalgia under the law. Factsheet for Employers on Fibromyalgia
file:///C:/Users/entra/Downloads/Factsheet%20on%20Fybromyalgia%2012_13%20(1).pdf

This is a US site on Fibro and work, but most of this is good advice.
https://fibrospot.wordpress.com/2008/10 ... employers/
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby Glitterhooker » Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:01 am

My job in tails seating at a desk all day. I do love my job but feel alone like a "rabbit in headlights"
Glitterhooker
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:17 pm

Hi GH

I'm preparing to return to work after being off sick for t months. Stress does indeed impact on us greatly. I wasnt supported when I was diagnosed last year, and the work continued to be piled on. This resulted in complete and utter exhaustion.
It will be a completely different scenario this time, as not only am I more aware how this pig of a condition affects me - my HR dept are. So the appropriate support will be in place. Is there anyone you can approach to request support?

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping