Urinary problems

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Urinary problems

Postby Maggie53 » Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:38 am

Hi, bit of a personal issue, but does anyone else suffer from the following problem - all of a sudden I will be bursting for a wee, even if I've been half hour before, so rush to loo, will then go a bit then it stops and I have to wait about 10 seconds then will go a bit more, this goes on until I think I've finished. Dr did a urine test for infection, said it was border line so gave me antibiotics which made no difference. It seems worse in a morning, easing up in evening. I'm hoping someone can give me some advice, it's been like this for about a year.

Thanks Marg x
Maggie53
UKFM Member

Re: Urinary problems

Postby perseus » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:32 pm

Maggie

I would go back to your GP, possibly another one for a second opinion.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:24 pm

Hi,

My bladder sounds like yours, sometimes i have to push the urine out :roll:

Found some info on fibro & urine related problems http://www.fibromyalgia-symptoms.org/fi ... inary.html
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Maggie53 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:43 pm

Hi Lisa

Yes I have to do that too. I've been to dr a few times, but I'm beginning to wonder if it is as much psychological as physical as I need to go lots if I'm out but when I'm home it doesn't seem as bad, or is it irritable bladder, I have IBS so possible just another symptom to add to all the rest. :roll:
Maggie53
UKFM Member

Postby Jull » Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:05 pm

Hey did you check your kidneys?
I think if the urinary has problem, it may be the warning about the kidneys.
Jull
UKFM Member

Urinary problems

Postby edwardfrancis » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:48 am

Foods you can eat to prevent UTI

1.Avoid foods and drinks rich in sugar. Reduce the intake of sugar, soft drinks, concentrated sweet fruit drinks, coffee and alcoholic beverages.
2.Other foods to avoid are processed foods, spicy foods, fats, dairy products, red meats and shellfish. These foods are acid-forming (not to be mistaken with acid tasting food like the citrus fruits). Acidity formed from these foods increase the bacterial infection.
3.Eat fermented foods yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut, sourdough breads and apple cider vinegar.
4.Drink juices high in vitamin C especially grapefruit.
5.Eat foods high in vitamin A .
6.Foods high in zinc may also help by producing white blood cells and eliminating bacteria. Some of the best sources of zinc are oysters, ginger, beef liver, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, Brazil nuts, egg yolks, peanuts, oats, almonds.
7.Drink cranberry juice.
Drink a glass of fresh cranberry or blueberry juice first thing in the morning and wait at least half an hour before you have something to eat. This drink is helpful for prevention of UTI.
edwardfrancis
UKFM Newbie

Postby LindyM66 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:13 pm

I can relate to that Maggie. I can be the same. My urine has also been foul smelling recently. No infection. I drink lots of fluids. But I'm very conscious of it. I'm in the menopause also - lucky white heather - so that may possibly be another contributing factor.
This fibro malarky is indeed a p*sser :-)

Take good care
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems