Bowel/bladder issues.

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bowel/bladder issues.

Postby eddiesolo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Not been on in a while so apologies for that.

Something that has slowly gotten worse is my waste management...so to speak.

I have, on occasion, wet myself, just comes on and have had a few full on cannot stop going episodes.

Lately, my bowel habits have changed, I am putting this down to a more sedentary lifestyle as exercise is a real struggle, weight increase is also a possible cause, however, I have noticed that I leak slightly and have partly soiled myself. This is highly embarrassing and very distressing, not only for me, as I feel I am a dirty old man, but also for my family although they seem to be okay I know they are upset for me.

I also think that medications are also causing issues: Citalopram, Amitriptyline, plus pain meds-I stopped a codeine and paracetamol dose midday as it was making me constipated-this seems to have helped. Although my movements are foul smelling now despite plenty of vegetables/fruit etc.

I have read that bowl issues etc can be down to FM and I know that I go through acute flare ups, have had a few this year.

Is this something that others have experienced?

Si:)
eddiesolo
UKFM Member

Re: Bowel/bladder issues.

Postby perseus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:48 am

I know enlarged prostate symptoms are common for men as they get older, I may have this or it's the side effect of the painkillers, In your case it seems more widespread so it would be worth seeing the Doctor.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi,

Personally I feel you need to have a chat with your GP

Doesn’t sound like fibro and could be your prostate or IBS
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby eddiesolo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Thank you for your replies. Will have a word with the GP and see what they say.

Appreciate your comments.

Si:)
eddiesolo
UKFM Member

Postby SirWeeed » Mon May 07, 2018 5:36 pm

I hope you get through this :)
SirWeeed
UKFM Newbie

Postby Knackered » Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:20 pm

Eddiesolo,

I'm sure you have been to your GP by now but I would like to share a little of my own experiance, I find I now question the general opinion of doctors more as time passes.
I started haveing many bowel and urinary emergencies, I can best describe them as both frequent and pressing in a right now if you can manage to get there way! ,, this seems to be a common complaint of those with FM.
The doctors did all their tests,,, nothing they had any intrest in presented it's self.
I was having other difficulties as well and it all seemed to come around the same time in life,, breathing, cough and stomach pains.
I went on a elimination diet,,, basicly noting but rice and potato with non processed meats.,,,, Nothing else,, even for breakfast! :shock:
Things settled down quite well over a few weeks and I started adding other foods one at a time,,, none of the foods were processed,, nothing that came ready made,,, it was all fresh food,, it is the only way to have reasonable control what is going in to your stomach.
Water was the only drink,,, then black tea,,, when I added milk things started to go pear shaped so I omitted all dairy and things setteled again.
On taking a little bit of something a friend had with a batter on it one evening,, I started to feel really ill,,, it took a few days to get back to normal after.
The end result was that I nolonger eat Wheat,, Barley,, Rye,, Oats unless certified as gluten free,,, I do not eat any Dairy,,, I can manage to take a little bit of egg ocasionaly without things geting to upset,, i do not react well to Soy either.
The bowel and bladder have settled down quite well.
I hope this is food for thought!
It may seem difficult to contemplate doing this,, it is just a matter of making up your mind to stick at it for a month or so to see how it goes,, it is the only way to find out if it makes a change in your life that is worth it.
Your Doctor will not assist you in doing this,,, in fact my feeling is that if I had not did this I would most likely be dead by now as my symptoms were so bad at one time.

A change like this may seem rather daunting but you quickly get used to the change and soon think nothing off it.

A typical Day of eating for me now goes something like this:

Breakfast An Avacado and a cup of black tea sometimes a peice of fruit,, ocasionaly two slices of GF bread toasted spread with lots of coconut oil and a silce of bacon. I do not use much of the GF stuff sold in the shops,, one of those little ~GF loves would perhaps last me for 2 weeks or more,, I just put it in the freezer and take a few slices out as I am going to use it and shove the rest back,,, at near £3 a loaf are you surprised.

Lunch can be as simple as a simple soup,,, again home made in batches portioned up and frozen so It is just a matter of heating it up,,, (in a pot) I will not have a microwave in the house,,, they all leak microwaves FACT,, I used to work in a place that repaired them before going to uni !

Dinner is usualy a Salad of green leaves lots of Spinich, Rocket, and this is the mainstay of the salad with some sort of meat and the usual tomatos peppers raw veg herbs,, anything that I can eat raw,, I make up a simple dressing of olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
I do not buy the pickles because of the spirit vinegar and the questions it poses for gluten,, same would apply to grain based alcohol even distiled spirit seem to effect many,, but I don't drink anyway.
Sometimes dinner is a cooked meat and veg,, don't eat many potatoes now but if I do have mashed potato, I mash with coconut oil and some salt in place of butter,, it's very nice. I do find that things like bread buiscuits and potatoes just make you hunger again for more later so whats the point. Intrestingly all the carbohydrate including rice and potatoes rapidly coat the teeth in plaque like nothing else but you only realise this when your not eating them for a while.
I now avoid rice it always contains amounts of arsnic and it will do a our seemmly compromised systems no favours at all.
The only salt I use is natural unbleached sea salt,, it's a sort of dirty brown grey colour,, to be honest it looks like floor brushings,, I will not use that Hexinacynoferate chemical (commonly refered to as salt) for anything but scurbbing tea stains from cups,, same would go for sodium chloride they are both chemicals and while they may be salts they are not salt.
I do not buy or use commercial dressings that contain vegtable oils as they have a growing negitive reputation, I am trying to do what I can to help me feel as well as I can,, I am no longer perpaired to take the word of my GP or any medical cartel as gosple,, it is my health,, my decision.
I eat lots of olives,, avacados they are a staple foods for me now, coconut oil, olive oil, wallnut oil, avacado oil are the only ones that I use.
I always have nuts Brazil,, Hazel,, Almonds (peanuts are not nuts) It is surprising how satisfying a few nuts can be when you just want something to nibble on !
I also keep sunflower seeds,, pumkin seeds in a little dish to nibble on,, they are surprisingly good once you get your head around the idea of auctualy eating them.
Cups of tea are regular for me over the day or water,, and I do not eat after about 6pm as I find that I feel slightly less lousey the next day.
It may sound strange or difficult but once you make the decision to change your diet it is not really that difficult,, it is just altering your habits and thnking a little different.
The thing is once you get all the stodge out of your diet you no longer feel hungry the way you used to when living on a more conventional diet.
While It was not my intention to loose weight I did loose a stone or so,,, but that was just a side effect,, I was not really over weight before starting but it is less to carry so I don't mind.
I realise this is much more information than pertains to going Gluten and Dairy free but felt I could share it in the hope that it gives a little insight to the change.

Best Wishes, Ray
Last edited by Knackered on Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Knackered
UKFM Newbie

Postby perseus » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:41 am

Ray

I'm sure this will be useful to many reading this.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems