Earache

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Earache

Postby Chatterbox » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:20 pm

Does anyone suffer from earache? Ive had fibro for two years now and ive been very down and depressed but ive had to dig myself out and face it head on,its not going to beat me 
Chatterbox
UKFM Newbie

Earache

Postby Doodles1 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:29 pm

I frequently have ear pain but always worse in a flare. Makes me think I have an ear infection but I never do. Also get numbness down the side of face and tingling along with neck cramps and spasms. Got to love those! I did start to wonder if I had tmj but I don't really have problems opening my mouth or eating.....mores the pity!! Also I don't grind my teeth so it's probably just one of those things x
Doodles1
UKFM Member

Re: Earache

Postby LibbyWick » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:32 pm

I too often have earache which is worse during a flare. I have found that sometimes moist heat helps... a damp flannel over a hot water bottle and lean my head on it. Doesn't always help but it doesn't make it worse. Give it a try, maybe it'll help. My ears also get very itchy deep inside and seem to be wet in there... gross I know. GP has checked but nothing to be seen ....
LibbyWick
UKFM Member

Postby Chatterbox » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:43 am

I have persistant noise in my ears like a washers on! And two months ago i woke up and couldnt open my jaw to brush my teeth and couldnt bite on food,it has got a bit better but still cant yawn. I get a lot of pain in my head and cant bare to touch my face is that trigemenial neuralgia?
Chatterbox
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:44 pm

Chatterbox wrote:I have persistant noise in my ears like a washers on! And two months ago i woke up and couldnt open my jaw to brush my teeth and couldnt bite on food,it has got a bit better but still cant yawn. I get a lot of pain in my head and cant bare to touch my face is that trigemenial neuralgia?

Hi
You would have to see your Gp for a diagnoses chatterbox. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby blueeyes64 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:09 pm

Yes, and really itchy ears too, and they hurt if it is windy out too, always have.i was off school often as a kid with earache.
blueeyes64
UKFM Member

Postby stephen1969 » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:32 pm

Hi everyone,
My wife has had fibromyalgia for many years. Every month, usually around the same sort of time she complains of earache. It does seem to be one of the hundreds of symptoms that accompany fibro.
Best wishes,
Stephen.
stephen1969
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:56 am

i get strange sensations not in my ear but around the top of the outer bone and into the head from there. :crazy:

:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby sky 1 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:59 pm

I also suffer from ear ake and sometimes hearing loss too
sky 1
UKFM Member

Postby Glenda » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:20 am

I've had earach now for at least 6 weeks, also my neck aches. GP checked it out for lymph nodes, had blood tests, but surprisingly enough.....all clear. So, down to the fibro I guess. I also get leg cramps and all the usual effects of fibro. I think this is just the worse flare up I've ever had and I've lived with fibro now for many years. Keep your chin up my fellow sufferers and be happy it's not terminal ! :roll:
Glenda
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems