Shoulder pain, bursitis?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Shoulder pain, bursitis?

Postby Flash » Sun Feb 03, 2013 12:24 am

Hi Jodie, I also take steroids by pill when needed and inhalers constantly for asthma. they are strong. I take calcium because of the menopause but it was only through a COPD forum that I realised that anyone using steroids in any form should be taking Calcium and Vit D. For the very reason you mentioned. My GP failed to give me that important bit of advise.

Thats another reason I'm reluctant to have the injections. Long term use plays havoc with hair and the skin starts to thin too.

Malibugirl, My shoulder pain is more likely to be arthritis which I have in several areas, the shoulders are rebelling from the days of swinging a pick axe and using pneumatic drills in my building and renovation days. The F/M is more general rather than in localised places.

Take care, all. Gentle hugs back.
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby angie68 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:45 pm

oooo me too mainly me right maybe cos im right handed and use more than left, i have shoulder pain constant and worse when i lay on it at nite pins n needlesright across shoulders :( i feel for anybody who has had fibro for years today i feel quite emotinal with it i wonder what its like having a pain free day x
angie68
UKFM Member

Postby Flash » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:08 pm

Well, after all this time, I had an Xray, I do have arthritis in shoulders which I knew anyway, I have rotor cuff tears, having an ultrasound scan to see how bad. The pain has got worse over the months and the torn ligaments have reduced the movement. Also a tear over the AC joint, low grade separated shoulder.

I was also told today that I have hypermobility. When I went through the range of movements last physio visit, the therapist red flagged it and brought in the team manager today. An osteopath told me some time ago I had "loose joints", which is why they hurt so much... now I know what she was getting at.

Well, thanks for all your input folks, take care and be gentle with yourselves. XX
Flash
UKFM Member

Postby Jull » Tue Apr 11, 2017 10:06 am

Jull
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems