Pills...

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Pills...

Postby chookie » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:36 pm

I have terrible periods and together with the combination of M.E and FM, it floors me every month. Went to see my GP this morning and he has given me the mini pill (Cerazette) because I have tried everything else to stop the hormones 'a raging :lol:

I've also mentioned that the Venlafaxine either needs to be either upped or scrapped because my anxiety is also still effecting me lots, I could do without any unnecessary meds giving me side effects like weight gain and the like.

So, all in all, a good effective day at the doctors.... for a change :-D
Fibromyalgia, M.E, IBS, General Anxiety Disorder, Dyspraxia, Discalculia
chookie
UKFM Member

Re: Pills...

Postby shazq » Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:40 pm

:fingerscrossed: the new pills help. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia Awareness Day May 12TH.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby MichelleJ » Sun Jun 16, 2013 5:45 pm

Choosiest, I take cerazette for the same reason and its been a godsend to me. I recently tried coming off it and it was a disaster. Had forgotten how bad it was without it. So now acknowledge it till I hit menopause. Hope it helps you as much as it does me.
Dx with fibromyalgia m.e/Cfs and asthma
MichelleJ
UKFM Member

Postby SharonL42 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 7:35 pm

Hiya,

I have been taking cerezette for 6 years. I have endometriosis which causes me to have very painful periods. It has been a Godsend to me....not had a period in those 6 years. My GP plans to keep me on it till I'm 50 (6 more years to go) then to take my off it & hope the menopause kicks in.

I hope it works as well for you

Love Sharon xx

Keep Smiling :-)
Keep Smiling :)
SharonL42
UKFM Member

Postby chookie » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:52 pm

Oooh, amazing experiences ladies, thank you for sharing. Don't know why it has taken so long for my Gp to recommend them to me, but I am happy that I am taking them. Better late than never :-D
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby chookie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:47 am

I thought I would update this after I have been taking Cerazette for just over a month now and my life has been changed.

I no longer have the fog, my memory is much better, my feet don't hurt as much, the sweating has decreased, carb craving has gone, my scalp isn't itchy, I can go longer with tasks without having to take a break and my word finding is much better too. Annoyingly, I am bleeding with a few day in between and then starting again but I will see if that settles down.

Wonder drug if you ask me, and long may it keep working :-D
chookie
UKFM Member

Postby ouchiemama » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:10 pm

Hey, I am on cerazette too & yep what a difference! Mood swings no more, agonising stomach n back cramps gone too :-) Been on them for 3-4 years, have forgotten to take them for a few days - a week before n omg the pain, I was thinking what the heck is up with my stomach then realised it was period pain! :yikes: Agony! xx
ouchiemama
UKFM Member

Postby keaedmondson » Wed Aug 31, 2016 11:20 pm

~hi,
~i |k 4 ~o~p > ye)s ago b ~i f%d x 5? do_ a se)1 { ` 0ums.
~l |o { ` contributors |h ~i h $h lots r trouble } contraception 4 ye). ~my gp 1ang6 my |w_, & gd, ~i 4|8, pill to a 1eap7 br& & refus6 to accept my compla*ts t x > affect_ me diff7?tly.

~i tried ` contraceptive pat1 & `n ` contraceptive r_ & $h to give up on bo4 { `m ;c { wild hormone 1anges *clud_ ang7 & depression & anxiety & panic attacks & pa* * kidney & gall bla.7.

~i $h resign6 myf to ab/*ance 0 n9-ev? 482 j m)ri6-because ~i c't afford to get pregnant z am j /)t_ a new job+

~w?t to a new gp td & he sugge/6 m*i-pill ` |o t ?ds * ~ette 5 |ey|o |h has m?tion6. ~i h r,d s m1 ov7 rec?t weeks ab horm|os { :traception & ~fm cla3_ t ~i 4|8 no4_ wd |w ag. ~i $h n|e he)d { 4 4_ & ~i hope x does help.

~if any|o has any m rec?t exp7iences-gd or bad-~i h seen v)i8s * di+7?t 4r,ds, `n ~i'd lo<e to |k.

~i am go_ to try 4 8 b if x doesn't |w `n t w ; x 0 me b 5at ~i've r,d on ~nhs direct etc seems q sositive.
keaedmondson
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems