low immunity help needed

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

low immunity help needed

Postby Faith12 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:18 pm

I have had an ear infection for almost two months and had three lots of antibiotics. The bacteria was one that affects people with seriously low immunity, I also have a bladder infection and I have lots of cold sores and sore throats. Does anyone else have such low immunity because of being in pain constantly? Does anyone know how to boost the immune system? At present I have pain in my sinuses can they be infected ?
Faith12
UKFM Member

Re: low immunity help needed

Postby MikH-D » Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:47 pm

I have had constant cough cold and 4 chest infections on since sept last year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikH-D
UKFM Member

Postby Janet Poole » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:13 pm

Hi. . I have fibromyalgia psoriatic arthritis bilateral carpel tunnel syndrome IBS and psoriasis. . . I have no vitamin D in my body at all and take a very high potency supplement from my rheumatologist at least 2 of my conditions are immune system related my son and husband both havepsoriasis but my daughter has neutronpenia and lichen planus which cause her to hang on to infections she won't get psoriasis as the 2 diseases don't usually or very rarely come together although they are related and autoimmune system problems that's long winded but what I'm getting at is does anyone your related too have immune system problems. . My rheumatologist is extremely interested in finding out why my family suffer with these problems. . Please get your vitamin D checked it leads to all sorts of problems xx
Janet Poole
UKFM Member

Postby cazspragg » Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Maybe the American research on this awful disease may agree with you on low immunity I have posted a link if anyone wishes to read about there latest findings
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... 991063/and :-)
cazspragg
UKFM Newbie

Postby merrill16 » Sat Jan 18, 2014 9:20 pm

Hi, I have a low immune system too, I have FM, and PBC,(which is where the immune system attacks the bile ducts in the liver). I have read the American study, and I am very interested as blood test show I have low immune system, does anyone know where I can get more information on FM in the UK, regarding this maybe link.
merrill16
UKFM Newbie

Postby mand » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:21 pm

Hi janet poole,

I have fibro, ibs , my middle daughter has ibs and neutropenia. All my three daughters have been diagnosed with hypermobility and myself unofficially (bent my thumb back) physio said yep.... will have a look on the links...... makes you think
mand
UKFM Member

Postby hippychick » Sun May 11, 2014 10:23 pm

I've defo found that taking a Zinc supplement has helped to boost my immune system and discovered this purely by chance when taking a combined supplement from Holland & Barrett of Calcium, Magnesium and Zinc. I was taking the calcium to try and avoid any bone thinning, (that didn't go according to plan unfortunately since I now have osteopenia which is the forerunner to full blown osteoporosis and have to take prescription Calcium now). The magnesium was being taken to help with my muscle cramps, and it did and still does most of the time providing I take the full daily dose. The Zinc was just in with the other two and I thought it couldn't do any harm and definitely noticed how I was becoming much better at escaping most bog standard bugs doing the rounds. Even when in very close contact with family members who've been struck down with nasty coughs, colds, tummy bugs or even the full blown flu and STILL haven't got them most of the time!

Of course, if we all actually ate the correct amount of allllllll the foodstuffs recommended to help boost our immune system, we wouldn't need the supplements but then life wouldn't be sooooo enjoyable would it? Personally, I'd happily live on Tesco Finest Devonshire Fudge yoghurts complete with chewy fudge pieces and nowt else :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gentle huggles,
Hippy
hippychick
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Tue May 13, 2014 8:08 am

I am exactly the same as you Hippychick. Do I buy the same ones as you do or just go for the zinc alone. I don't eat much dairy as being allergic to it?
Lindilou

Postby hippychick » Tue May 13, 2014 8:49 am

Lindilou wrote:I am exactly the same as you Hippychick. Do I buy the same ones as you do or just go for the zinc alone. I don't eat much dairy as being allergic to it?

I wouldn't dream of advising you which would be better for you Lindilou because we're all different with different needs and wouldn't presume to know what's best for you.

BUT I can advise you to hobble along to your local health food shop and speak to one of their advisors, (didn't want to advertise Holland & Barrett..... again :lol: But they do have some great trained advisors). If it were me and I was unable to have dairy, I'd go for the calcium supplement whether it was combined with the zinc and magnesium or not, whichever is advised for you individually.

Don't forget to tell the advisor in the health food shop what other meds you're also taking though as it's all too easy to overdo your recommended daily allowance and with something like calcium, that can be quite dodgy causing serious complications.

One of my nieces is lactose intolerant which means her also avoiding all things dairy that contain cows milk, but she can still enjoy cheeses made from goats and ewes milk. She's got used to the taste of soya instead of milk in her drinks, cereals and occasionally does partake of something on her 'naughty' list, (such as cream), providing she's staying indoors and close to a loo :oops: There is a rather yummy blue cheese made with goats milk but blowed if I can remember the name of it![color=#008000]

Hope you can get something to help.

Gentle huggles,
Hippy[/color]
hippychick
UKFM Member

Postby Lindilou » Tue May 13, 2014 8:53 am

Thanks Hippychick. I am an avid fan of H & B, have a reward card. Will take your advice and ask them.
Lindilou

Postby Lindilou » Wed May 14, 2014 10:12 am

Have bought a general multi vitamin and mineral supplement. Shall see what happens :!:
Lindilou

Postby lucykinsman » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:10 pm

I am fed up with having anti-biotics and having chest infections! This seems to be my weak point when I have a Fibro flare up! Getting me down now as I missed my 4 year olds Christmas due to being poorly. When does it all end! X
lucykinsman
UKFM Newbie

Postby Leighqt » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:51 am

Try Folic acid too, it's not just for Pregnant women.
Leighqt
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems