hip pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: hip pain

Postby GQM » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:14 pm

I have recurring right hip pain but it is at the front slightly toward the groin area and I think it's nerve related it causes a burning sensation down the outside of my leg and sometimes I get sudden chill in the leg and serious pain in my foot which I think might be down to restricted blood flow
GQM
UKFM Member

Postby dazzleship » Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:05 am

for several years now I've had bursitis in my left hip so that gives me pain on the outside of my hip/thigh area. but I also get pain 'inside' the hip, like deep inside, and I assume this to be joint related. I've also started getting pain in my right hip lately.

the other night when driving home I had the distinct impression that the bone in my thigh didn't feel like it was in the right place. when I finally got out of the car it clunked and must have gone back into position cos the feeling went away. oh the joys of HMS :roll: :-)
dazzleship
dazzleship
UKFM Member

Postby karrier-bag » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:36 am

I also get very bad hip pain on right side, always thought it was due to a bad dislocation many years ago, nope tis fibro, I use an intelli heatpad, it can really help, like a hot water bottle but better imo
"Nothing travels faster than the speed of light with the possible exception of bad news, which obeys its own special laws."
Douglas Adams
karrier-bag
UKFM Member

Postby Kfastlove » Thu May 21, 2015 2:37 pm

Hi,
Yes Hip Pain is most definitely a big problem for me. Ive had injections as my muscles were damaged (it seems my body was over compensating to alleviate pain & caused Bursitis). But this only helped for a short time.
I also find every now & then I need to "push" the hips a certain way as they feel "out of sync".
:(
Kfastlove
UKFM Newbie

Postby bandj » Thu May 21, 2015 6:19 pm

Trouble is, most everything gets put down to fibro! I've had hip bursitis for over twenty years, diagnosed with osteoarthritis 5 years ago and dear ole fibro 3 years ago. I've also been hit with sciatica. So all in all, I get a fair bit of pain and stiffness in the hips as well as elsewhere.
anything new or out of the ordinary, it's a good idea to get it checked out - just in case it isn't fibro.
hope you feel better soon.
There are these three things that remain: faith, hope and love. And the greatest of these is LOVE.
1 Corinthians 13:13
bandj
UKFM Member

Postby Lisa21 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:29 pm

I have had hip pain on my right side for as long as I can remember. It still gives me grief along with the pain everywhere. Get some advice first so anything else can be ruled out.
Fibromyalgia, Costochondritis, Hypermobility, Asthma, Crohn's Disease,PCOS, Vitamin D & B12 Deficiency
Lisa21
UKFM Member

Postby Lizardlace » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:01 am

I have chronic sacrolliac joint pain, hip pain and sciatica
Lizardlace
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems