hip pain

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hip pain

Postby reb1981 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:47 am

Hello....I have been having hip pain, only on my right side for about 3 months, slowly getting worse. I now have a limp and finding it more difficult to walk or sit. I had a gentle massage yesterday to try and loosen my hip flexor but he said the amount of pain I'm in is unusual. He has suggested I go for an x ray to rule anything else out before he tries again. He does know I have fibro. Does anyone else suffer with deep hip pain and if so what helps to relieve the discomfort........
reb1981
UKFM Member

Re: hip pain

Postby menmeryiset » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:54 am

Most of the more extreme pain that I get, is located around my hips and legs area. Pain relief barely touches it, so the only thing that helps is a hot water bottle and a lie down. I move the bottle around depending on where the most pain is. It does ease it but doesn't fully take it away. I hope you feel a little better soon.
menmeryiset
UKFM Newbie

Postby di doc » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:33 pm

hi I suffer with extreme hip pain also on my right side and when I went to visit my rheumatologist he suggested trying Bu - Trans patches and I must say they haven't taken all the pain away but they do really help me :-)
di doc
UKFM Member

Postby Gingermama » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:40 pm

Yep! My hips and pelvis is where my pain is centred too. My left hip has a habit of popping out. It's the worst pain I get along with the migraines and the fatigue... Bleurgh! Hot water bottle is my go to as well as soaking in the bath with Epsom salts.
Gingermama
UKFM Member

Postby reb1981 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 12:42 pm

Thank you for all your advice I will give it a go.........
reb1981
UKFM Member

Postby Siouxiem » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:18 pm

I also suffer with hip pain on the right side - feels like my leg pops out of joint sometimes when walking. Was referred to a physio who said it was a weak something or other muscle and prescribed exercises (don't they all!) which I diligently did for six weeks, and which actually made the problem worse. I think it is down to hypermobility. The only thing that works is a hot water bottle. I am on so many painkillers I shouldn't feel a thing, in theory, but that's not how it works. So, I sympathise totally with you, and would suggest becoming best friends with your HWB and use a stick for support if you need to.
Siouxiem
UKFM Member

Postby carolad » Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:36 pm

Could be sacroiliac joint problems - this causes pain in the hip and lower back. Get yourself checked out by a good physio :-)
carolad
UKFM Member

Postby judipat » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:10 pm

Hi
I have bad hip pain most of the time - xrays show I have osteoporosis however, I have also had bursitis which is imflamation around the joints, which I have had steroid injections for - they really help.
Best have yours xrayed to rule anything else out, they can diagnose bursitis really easily, they will prod a certain place near your hip - and you will nearly hit the ceiling lol.
judipat
UKFM Member

Postby Michelle1990 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:39 pm

Hi I hope ur pain eases soon. I have a lot of pain in my right hip n mainly my left shoulder but do get pain in both shoulders and when I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia I was also diagnosed with joint hypermobility. All it means is double jointed but most people don't get pain but a few percentage do. It affects my joints and get a lot of pain but the worst of it can partly dislocate certain joints. I get a lot of locked joints especially my right hip and shoulders, the only thing that really helps my pain is my electric heat pad. If this helps xx
Michelle1990
UKFM Newbie

Postby Patsb » Mon Feb 02, 2015 2:54 pm

I've had continuous hip and knee pain on left side for over 2 years. Nothing I've tried as helped and I also walk with a pronounced limp now. :(
Patsb
UKFM Member

Postby Maryanne » Mon Feb 02, 2015 3:21 pm

Hi, I was diagnosed with hip osteoarthritis 2011, before the fibro diagnosis in 2013. I have also had bursitis which was treated using ultrasound therapy by the physio at the gp surgery. I struggle on a daily basis with hip pain and it has dramatically altered how I walk and get in or out of a car. I still just about work part-time and do a very manual job. Please get checked out as it may not be the fibro, which seem to be blamed for everything.
Maryanne
UKFM Member

Postby lynlyn1212 » Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:53 pm

I get a lot of hip pain along with lower back and legs. I have bursitis which is painful to lie on. I wear a pelvic brace when really painful which helps with walking. Got current one on internet but originally was given identical one by physio. Also voltarol gel helps sometimes. Good luck.
lynlyn1212
UKFM Member

Postby Harrison264 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 9:52 am

Don't accept it without a proper investigation. I had severe hip and leg pain on one side diagnosed as' just your fibro'. I ended up walking with a stick and unable to relieve the pain. Cut a long story short, after X rays and mri scan found I had osteoarthritis and a trapped nerve. An osteopath released the nerve and I CAN WALK! Please don't accept new pain as' just fibro'. Good luck X
Harrison264
UKFM Newbie

Postby SchroedingersCat » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:07 am

Yep, hip, back and leg pain, constant, left side - been X-rayed and blood tests done for inflammation for Arthritis, Rheumatism, etc. There's nothing there, just the FM.
SchroedingersCat
UKFM Member

Postby reb1981 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:30 am

Thank you, I will go and speak to my doctor and see what happens from there.......
reb1981
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems