Anxiety and Fibro

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anxiety and Fibro

Postby Beckybecks » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:02 am

I've noticed that a number of people on this forum seem to suffer from anxiety too. I've had anxiety and depression for 20 years now and somewhere along the way I developed Fibromyalgia.

Whenever I've had a bout of anxiety I then suffer a flare-up of Fibro symptoms soon afterwards. Mainly I feel flu-ish with headaches and general aches and pains and fatigue.

Before I was diagnosed with Fibro I always put these symptoms down to the anxiety and in fact I was told after going for acupuncture sessions that my condition could be called "adrenaline overload". (Due to all the panic attacks I've had through the years).

Does anyone have similar experiences or know if these conditions are in any way linked?
Newly arrived in the UK from Southern Africa
Beckybecks
UKFM Member

Re: Anxiety and Fibro

Postby Patsb » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:19 pm

My dr told me years ago my symptoms were anxiety caused by myself holding my body rigid without even realising I was doing it.looking back I reckon I've had fibro for years rather than the 4 yrs I've been diagnosed.the symptoms are very familiar.ive also suffered panic attacks and depression since I was in my twenties.
Patsb
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems