flu jab 2015

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

flu jab 2015

Postby AlisonL » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:47 am

Has anybody else had a bad reaction to this year's flu jab? I have spent most of the time in bed since I had mine, really bad flare, and am now missing an event I read wanted to go to. If you had a bad reaction, how long did it last? I'm not living at the moment, just existing, and it is making me miserable.
AlisonL
UKFM Member

Re: flu jab 2015

Postby yorkiemac » Tue Oct 20, 2015 12:05 pm

Hi Alison,
I have had a dreadful flareup about 10days after the jab. At first I put it down to standing in a chill wind and abit of stress, but it has been so much worse than my usual flares. I am constantly fatigued and can't do any chore without feeling giddy and sick. IBS has reared it's ugly head and my whole torso feels sore...headache every day and hands and arms soo painful.
Not really sure whether it was the jab or not. :cry:
yorkiemac
yorkiemac
UKFM Newbie

Postby helen virgo » Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:15 am

Hi Alison

Sorry to hear you're having a bad reaction, I hope it eases soon. I'm afraid a lot of fibro folk myself included have problems after the flu jab. For me it was so bad that I decided three years ago not to have another and I've not regretted my decision. It might be an idea to call your doctor and ask his advice x
Helen x

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia
helen virgo
UKFM Member

Postby yorkiemac » Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:12 am

Thanks for the reply . I am feeling better now thank you, but it has taken a full week and the fatigue lingers on. I have had the flu vaccine every year up til now and no big reaction, dunno if something about it different this season. Thanks again.xx
yorkiemac
yorkiemac
UKFM Newbie

Postby pad all » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:31 pm

I had the flu jab which I think was a much stronger strain than last year. 1 and a half hours after the jab Inwas drinking a cup of tea when my head swung round and I felt very dizzy. Also came over hot and felt unwell. The next day I did not feel well. Gradually returned to as normal as you can get with fibro. My husband also had a reaction to the jab. I do not know whether to have the jab next year.
pad all
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems