Gall Bladder

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Gall Bladder

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:32 pm

Okay,

So, here is the post about my gall bladder. I hope you guys don't think I am always this whiny, just a had a real run of bad luck health wise....

Seven years ago, during my divorce, I ended up in hospital with a massive gall bladder flare. I was advised to get it removed, but when I weighed the pros and cons, the idea of Pancriatitis did not appeal and I refused. Since then I have suffered from pain from my gall bladder most weeks, but nothing that would cause me to tell anyone about it. Two weeks ago I ended up in an ambulance being dripped morphine to get the pain to a level where I could breath normally. I have an ultra sound scheduled for 19 December, (I think), and I am sure they are going to want to go ahead with the surgery.

This is all post Fibromyalgia diagnosis. Is this an issue with anyone else? Will having it taken make a difference with the IBS? Which seems to be getting worse....not being funny, I am hard as a rock and bloated, or have water running from my bowels...uggg...sorry....

Not really wanting another surgery, have enough scars from life alone without all this on top... Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts I would appreciate it.

xx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Re: Gall Bladder

Postby latmaz » Sun Nov 15, 2015 9:14 am

i had my gallbladder removed after suffering for many years. the attacks such as you mention got more and more frequent with me having to be hospitalised on morphine many times. mine became so inflamed it was stuck to my kidney and quite frankly was so infected it could have killed me so out it had to come

the scars are minimal as its all done keyhole, you can barely see mine at all and the relief of not having to face that pain made it all worth it

re the IBS i started lowcarbing as i was so overweight and found my IBS was greatly. cant say the gallbladder removal affected it or not as i remained lowcarbing the whole time
latmaz
UKFM Member

Re: Gall Bladder

Postby Genevieve489 » Sun Nov 15, 2015 11:13 pm

I had my gall bladder removed 7 years ago, after months of pain and infection of both the gall bladder and the bile duct. I didn't think twice about having it done, as I felt so ill. It was keyhole surgery and I came home the same day. Within weeks, I felt back to normal and pain free.

I suggest you talk through the whole thing with your consultant after your scan and share your worries about the operation. Obviously, it has to be your decision, but I would have thought that you run a greater risk of becoming seriously ill, perhaps with pancreatitis, by not having the operation, than by agreeing to keyhole surgery. By the way, it made no difference to my IBS.

All the best.
Genevieve489
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems