How common is widespread bursitis and tendonitis?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

How common is widespread bursitis and tendonitis?

Postby Genevieve489 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:29 pm

I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in March. I've had bursitis in both hips for two years now. In the past few months, my shoulders have become painful when pressed in a certain spot and they ache. I wonder if that is more bursitis? I will be seeing the GP about it shortly. I'm going for a scan next week on my Achilles tendon as it is very sore and I have a lump half-way up the tendon. I have also had trigger thumb twice in one hand - which is another form of tendonitis - and which responded to steroid injections.

So, apart from the FM, I'm in a lot of discomfort and I'm wondering if there is an underlying cause for these flare-ups. Has anybody else developed wide-ranging bursitis and tendonitis with no obvious cause? Maybe it's an age-related thing? I'm 69.
Genevieve489
UKFM Member

Re: How common is widespread bursitis and tendonitis?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:02 pm

During my time on here, there have been a number of mentions of Bursitis and Tendonitis, but not about how commonly they occur, either separately or together. And when searching for the 2 together, less than a dozen references come up across the entire history of the forum.

If you want to have a read of the posts/topics, use the search box at the top of each page and see what it comes up with.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: How common is widespread bursitis and tendonitis?

Postby Genevieve489 » Sun Dec 13, 2015 5:12 pm

Thank you, FluppyPuffy. I will do as you have suggested.
Genevieve489
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems