Mouth Blisters

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Mouth Blisters

Postby Flossiebear » Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:42 pm

Can anyone help me please? I have recently been diagnosed with fibro and, over the past month, I have been suffering from a water filled blister that forms every evening in the gum over an eye tooth. It forms around 6pm gets larger as the evening progresses until it bursts around 9pm. The blister is filled with water, not pus, and (fingers crossed!), the blister is painless. This has happened every evening (apart from two) over the past month. I did have an abscess on that site in August 2015 which was successfully treated and the tooth was root filled. I have been to my dentist and he has x-rayed the tooth and gum area again and everything seems fine with no trace of infection. There is still some bone loss on the site but my dentist is confident the bone will regrow over the next few months. I have tried salt water rinsing and Corsodyl mouthwash but nothing makes any difference. My dentist has no idea what is causing this blister. I wondered if it might be caused by the fibro as the blister seems to be larger when my other symptoms are flaring. Has anyone else experienced this or something similar? Thanks!
Flossiebear
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems