fibro and vit.D

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

fibro and vit.D

Postby broadspeed » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:32 am

hello all ,,

i have a big problem ,,
i am about 2 steps away from getting the diagnosis Fibromyalia , but my dokter will not do this because my vitamin D is non existant , and he claims the pain comes from the non existan vitamin D

also the biggest problem for me is , i had all sorts of medication to get the vit.D up a bit , as it's now below 10 and should be at least over 50
as a lot of you know below 10 is a serious health risk ,

but non of the meds have raised my vit.d , and all i get from the meds is EVERY side effect , but none of the things the meds should , do
my health has had a masive turn for the worse during and after the meds , but my vit.d will not rise

and without the vit.d at a "normal "level , my dokter will not diagnose me with fibromyalgia

does any of you have the same problems ,, or know what i could do ??
broadspeed
UKFM Newbie

Re: fibro and vit.D

Postby Gracious » Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:42 am

It can take a long time to raise Vitamin D levels. It took me over 6 months to raise my levels from 23g to 50g. I was taking 3200iu (or 80ug) per day, plus food with high levelsof vitamin D.

If you have been on large dosages of vitamin D and for 6 months and have only managed to get to 10g. There would be two things I would look at. I would be the amount of Vitamin D they perscribed and your diet. Once I was diagnosed with Vitamin deficiency, I also upped my daily intake through food. The best foods for vitamin D are liver and portobella mushrooms. There are list of vitmin D rich foods available on google searches.

The other thing to consider if you have been doing all of the above and taking large supplement dosages, I would be to speak to your doctor about, Malabsorption syndrome. Ask your doctor to rule this out completely. Also look at any other medication you are taking that may restrict absorption or interfer with your nutrient balance.

In regards to side affects, I personally did not get any from the vitamin D perscribed.

If you are diagnosed with Fibro, please note my own doctors advised me that they prefer Vitamin D levels to be around 75g for fibro patients and not the normal rating of 50g and to always get bloods check every 3 months

Hope this is of some help to you

Loving kindness
Gracious
Gracious
UKFM Member

Postby broadspeed » Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:20 pm

thank you for posting

it's such a pain in the rear end , to get meds to get my vit.D up higher , and than having to stop because of all the sideaffects , and this happened 4 times now ,, the only thing i have left is to get it trough an IV but the dokter doesn't want to do that , ( no clue why not )

i have been tested the last year about every monthe and never came above 12

i read it is dangerous to be this low , because of heart desease, and some other things , but for the dokter to rule out fibromyalgia all together just because i cant get my vit.D up is insane in my opinion

if i read it all correct fibromyalgia , is sooooooo much more than just the vit.D
broadspeed
UKFM Newbie

Postby Lizardlace » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:56 am

I found out yesterday that I have low vit D levels but I have been taking supplements for months.

I have read on many websites that vit D should be taken with K2. I have posted an article below

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/artic ... and-k.aspx
Lizardlace
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems