Endometriosis?

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Endometriosis?

Postby SuperCat007 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:40 pm

Hi all, it's a while since I've posted here, but I've always found it an inviting and helpful place to get advice.
I've been mostly recovered from Fibro for nearly 3 years, but still have the odd lingering symptoms.
The most recent ones have been getting worse over the last 4 years and all seem to be related to one thing... My period.

I get tingly feet at night, only at night, which started suddenly one night in 2012 and has never gone away. I now can only sleep with my feet on an ice pack, some nights, like in the week or two leading up to my period it's so bad that even the ice pack doesn't help. I've been diagnosed with Raynaud's and Restless Leg Syndrome, but GP's haven't really got a clue.

Since around August/September I've also been getting excruciating back pain which is barely relieved with painkillers at night which wakes me up, again around 2-2.5 weeks before my period. I've been to the GP twice about the back pain, been referred to physio's but by the time the appointment came through it's gone and I've forgotten about it, until the next month...

I also get joint pain and swelling in every joint, to the point where I struggle to walk around and get out of bed on the first two days of my period and the pain gets progressively worse leading up to it. I am being tested for RA and having X-rays soon on the worst affected joints.

This month it's even worse, the back pain is all day and night. I've been up for an hour or more every night for the last 10 days, slept on the sofa last night for the extra back support. I'm exhausted and I feel awful, I have an appointment with my GP on 24th to go over the blood results for the RA test and have a smear test ( :yikes: ) and to talk about it all. But mostly what I want to know is should I be concerned about something like endometriosis? Is this the kind of thing people go through when they have it? Do you have any advice or anything for me about the symptoms and how to get through them?

Apologies for the long post, but any advice or anything people might have would be helpful. Thanks. :-)
SuperCat007
UKFM Member

Re: Endometriosis?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Feb 04, 2016 7:52 pm

Nice to see you back on here SuperCat xx I wish it was under nicer circumstances for you :grouphug: At the moment, the forum is rather quiet, so it might be worth using the search function to see what has been said on previous topics relating to Endo.From what I can recall from previous topics tho, some peeps with both Endo and FM do feel that there is some sort of association/connection between the conditions.

If you have a read of some of the things you find when searching, it might help you find some of those answers you're looking for. Maybe having a bit of a read about Endo and making a few notes about the similarities in what you experience to the lists of symptoms etc for when you go for your GP appt could be something to consider doing too.

Hope you can get some answers to things soon, and more importantly, some easing in what you keep experiencing xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: Endometriosis?

Postby nicolabishopx » Mon Jun 05, 2017 1:15 pm

Hi, I have endometriosis. I was diagnosed in 2011. I know a few people say fibro and endo are linked but not sure if theres a true link.

If you have any questions about endo, I'm happy to answer them

Nx
nicolabishopx
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems