sensitive teeth

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

sensitive teeth

Postby laura.dorans » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:30 pm

I have a problem with sensitive teeth, I get toothache and there's no cause

does anyone else get this?
laura.dorans
UKFM Member

Re: sensitive teeth

Postby thesse » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:17 am

My naproxen makes my teeth sensitive. I got such bad ulcers when they first gave it to me. Then they said it was whatever I had wrong with me that was doing it, but then the Dr looked it up and said, oh yes, naproxen does that. I still have to take it or my inflammation would be so much worse. I just have to live with mouth ulcers..
thesse
UKFM Member

Postby chipchip » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:56 am

Hi, newbie here :) I've had sensitive teeth all my life and dentists have never been able to figure out why. If fibro is indeed an over sensitivity of the nervous system/bad regulation of pain chemicals then I guess sensitive teeth would make sense. Sensitive teeth toothpaste helps a little but i still can't bite into an ice lolly or have a very cold drink.
dx Fibromyalgia and hypermobile joint syndrome in 2011 by rheumatologist. Female, early 30s.
chipchip
UKFM Member

Postby frimo » Fri May 13, 2016 3:25 pm

Have you had a test for Sjogrens syndrome ? A lot of the problems with my teeth were caused by this. Also many symptoms are very similar to fibro.
Best wishes,
Mark
frimo
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems