Swollen Fingers

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Swollen Fingers

Postby thesse » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:47 pm

Hi,

Does anyone else experience swollen fingers?

Is this a fibro symptom or more likely to be autoimmune arthritis?

Thank you
Thesse
Attachments
fingers.tiff
left hand swollen
fingers.tiff (1.92 MiB) Viewed 4300 times
thesse
UKFM Member

Re: Swollen Fingers

Postby thesse » Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:48 pm

OK to view this you have to right click and 'open image in a new tab' then it downloads and you should be able to see it.
thesse
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Mar 07, 2016 6:42 pm

With my experience I can very much doubt swelling of the fingers is associated with Fibro.

It can be many other reasons, you will have to see GP if your concerned.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby thesse » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:20 pm

Thank you, I have an appointment with a rheumatologist, as this is accompanied by all over joint pain and swelling and extreme fatigue. The gp thinks it is probably either rheumatoid arthritis or psoriatic arthritis and I am desperate for treatment. I have had CFS for years and feel concerned I won't get a proper investigation. I should trust them, but I don't.
thesse
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:47 pm

Good luck, your bloods should indicate any arthritis.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby thesse » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:56 pm

I had raised ESR, he said there was nothing else then he said 'yet'. I lost my job recently (sacked for forgetfulness and because they could, as they were poor managers had hired too many people and I was in my probationary period - three weeks left of it) and my joint flared up like absolute crazy since November - through to now. Fatigue is unbearable and life-damaging. Anyway... I got signed off by the Dr so I could claim ESA and she also said ' yet' so I think they think the RF factor is on its way or it is bad psoriatic arthritis. I have been a CFS patient for so long though, I just keep thinking they won't support me, will let me down, and won't believe me.
thesse
UKFM Member

Postby Charmed » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:56 pm

Yes I've had this problem for a couple of years. Mine tend to swell up more in the evening. I took photographs of mine in the morning and another in the evening, then showed my GP. I told him that they feel numb when they are swollen and I feel like I'm wearing tight gloves. Also that I get pins and needles in my fingers a lot.

My fingers lock, finger knuckles can be sore and base of thumb is painful.

He looked at me like I was mad and said, "Well it's not arthritis, because that's not how it presents itself."

Frightened to mention it again. But I hope you get some answers x
Charmed
UKFM Member

Postby thesse » Wed Mar 16, 2016 12:34 pm

Thanks Charmed, I hope you can get to the bottom of it one day, especially if it gets worse and they become more painful and difficult to use. This is the problem I have, there are days I just have to hold my left arm by the elbow in the crook of my right arm, because it doesn't work at all. And I know what you mean about the fingers going numb, pins and needles and glove feeling. I have that in my feet. I would go back to your doctor and ask again. I am really hoping the rheumatologist helps me.. ! I would love to get moving again. I am only 33 and feel much younger and have so much to do!
thesse
UKFM Member

Postby Natasa » Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:18 am

Yeah mines swell and skin gets tight, it has been happening for a while now. Initially they thought I had RA, but then said its Fibro.
Natasa
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jull » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:11 am

My mom is suffering it. Ànd it looks really terrible! She said her hands were itching and painful as well, very very uncomfortable!!
If you're having it, you must go to the doctor soon!
Jull
UKFM Member

Postby leona2101 » Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:02 am

Natasa wrote:Yeah mines swell and skin gets tight, it has been happening shuttle paris for a while now. Initially they thought I had RA, but then said its Fibro.

Hello,
And what is it then?
Is it so serious?
leona2101
UKFM Newbie

Postby Eian Mcneely » Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:28 pm

There are very slim chances this is due to Fibro. Sorry for the job loss
Eian Mcneely
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems