Fibre vs arthritis

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Fibre vs arthritis

Postby Anni90 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:00 pm

Wondering if anyone can help or been in a similar situation.

I was diagnoised with immflammtory arthritis back in 2014. After having problems with certain meds was referred to another hospital and they have now said I do not have arthritis but fibromyalgia. I'm not sure who to believe or what I can do. Does anyone have swellings around there knees and hands mine are constantly swallon. In constant pain everyday since this began. Have a lot of fibro symptoms but the internet is very vague about actual symptoms and wondered if people do feel constant pain everyday. I rarely have muscle pain just pain in knees hips neck back and hands. Would really appreciate advise of anyone who has been in a similar situation or someone to describe more in detail how fibromyalgia affects them.
Anni90
UKFM Newbie

Re: Fibre vs arthritis

Postby boxesgirl33 » Sat May 14, 2016 4:48 pm

Hi my hands and feet/ankles swell and I've been diagnosed with fibro and rheumatoid arthritis by my doctor and rheumatologist. The symptoms are very similar some are the same. I don't know what else to say to you have you had blood tests if so have they tested for RA if you have more questions feel free to message me hope your ok xx
boxesgirl33
UKFM Member

Re: Fibre vs arthritis

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun May 15, 2016 1:46 pm

FM can be a bit like a chameleon and appear to be something else when it appears, leading to you potentially being treated for the wrong problem. This happened to me when things first started appearing.

Initially all my symptoms pointed towards an inner ear/balance problem and I spent 4 years being treated for Meniere's Disease with no effect. I had numerous ENT people scratching their heads and unable to explain why nothing that was prescribed or done was making any difference. It was only when someone finally started to listen to what I was saying and looking into what was affecting me that the realisation of what was happening became apparent and ultimately led to FM beibg dx'd.

If you're uncertain about your dx, you are entitled to seek a second opinion about what is affecting you. Talk to your GP about this, explain why you feel things may not be right and provide examples of where there are differences etc. It could be possible that there is something else at work, either unrelated or alongside FM. Likewise, it is also possible that FM is the correct dx, and due to the randomness and vaguaries of the condition, what you experience is your version of it xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems