Sleep trouble and fatigue

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sleep trouble and fatigue

Postby calipres » Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:10 am

Does anyone have any suggestions for this non sleeping. I've tried almost every sleep med both prescribed and otc. I just want to sleep 9 hours a night and get up at 9.am, not 3.to 6 am or 12 to noon.
My family don't realize I am up so much, they think all I do is sleep. :-?

Thanks for reading. Have a stress free pain free day
calipres
UKFM Member

Re: Sleep trouble and fatigue

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:13 pm

Hi,

Have you tried things like Lavender Balm? You rub this on your temples plus there is lots of other lavender items like a mist spray etc...

Google Lavender to help aid sleep and they should all come up
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:26 pm

Lavender balm is great! Also a lavender pillow spray is good - I buy the Avon one. Also I downloaded some meditation and relaxation apps, they help to focus my mind on different parts of my body so that I can relax and I sometimes listen to apps that play relaxing sounds - rain, seaside, forest :-)

Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby calipres » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:40 am

I love the smell of lavender, but have never tried it specifically for sleeping. Thank you for the tip. I will give it a shot. :-)
calipres
UKFM Member

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:52 am

I hope it works, I find it relaxing :) x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Postby crazy_cat_lady » Tue Jul 19, 2016 11:11 pm

any tips/hints for someone who cant stand the smell of lavender?! lol

i find having tossed and turned for ages (rls included many nights) i then only sleep for a bout 2 hours at most before waking (usually needing the little girls room) then repeating till around 5/6am, i get up, let dog out, feed dog/cats, cuppa (decaff) and computer. if i then go back to bed before kids get up, thats when i get my best sleep, anything up to mid day, wakng still tired. which really doesnt work well for me!!
tired all the time!! zzzzzzzzz
crazy_cat_lady
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:53 am

Have you tried establishing a bedtime routine???

For a regular routine you need to be going to bed and getting up at the same time each moring, regardless of how you feel. This is so the body can get back to being used to having a good number of hours rest. As well as the regular times, finding ways to make you feel a little more relaxed before going to bed can also help with the process, a soak in the bath, nice drinkie to help you settle and/or other things that you find can give you that nice fuzzy, sleepy sensation.

For alternative essential/aromatherapy oils to help with sleep issues this Linky might be helpful.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems