Trouble with wounds healing slowly

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Trouble with wounds healing slowly

Postby leaporlepor » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:20 pm

I've been having problems with wounds on my legs healing very slowly. I had one scratch that took three months for the scab to drop off and there have been other similar things. I currently have a small cut that looks like it's only a couple of days old but has been there for two and a half weeks. I was wondering if anyone else gets that and if so if they know why?
UKFM Newbie

Re: Trouble with wounds healing slowly

Postby Smartie50 » Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:43 am

I too have this and it is so annoying. I can have a scratch, spot or a mark on my skin which often just appears from nowhere and can take weeks to heal or disappear. I don't know what causes and I cannot offer you any solutions, but I just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. I hope that you find a solution to this and in the meantime I am sending you a big hug :hugs:
UKFM Newbie

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:03 pm

Hi leaporlepor

I find that I take a little longer to heal now but to be on the safe side I would mention it to your GP as a scratch taking months to heal seems a little too long.

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:42 am

I must admit that I don't have that at the moment. Have you been checked for diabetes? That is one of the symptoms of diabetes.
UKFM Member

Postby debs67 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:33 pm

I didn't realise it was associated with diabetes. Mine take a long time to heal as well. I will say about it next time I go to the docs
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems