shingles vaccination side effects

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

shingles vaccination side effects

Postby pollyann » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:24 pm

Has anyone had any bad side effects, particularly affecting fibromyalgia symptoms, after having the shingles vaccine? I can't decide whether to go ahead with it. Alternatively, has anyone had the jab and not suffered any side effects?
pollyann
UKFM Newbie

Re: shingles vaccination side effects

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:30 pm

:welcome: to our little FibroFamily pollyann :cow-wave: :cow-wave:

I've popped you over into here as it's a more suitable board for what you are asking about xx

I personally haven't had the shingles vaccine, so can't comment on any effects it may have on FM. I have had other injections/vaccines tho and haven't had any noticeable problems from them in relation to FM.

For anyone who is having a vaccine jab, both with and without FM in the mix, there is always a chance of reaction, some of which will be minor and well documented, thru to more extreme and rarer ones. When looking at the number of people who have a reaction to a vaccine, compared to the amount who have had no problems with it, the number who do have an issue is relatively small, which is something to bear in mind, but ideally not dwell on it xx
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Re: shingles vaccination side effects

Postby pollyann » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:41 pm

Thanks for your help. I think the advantages of having the vaccine are worth taking the chance. I will keep you posted next week if my FM is affected.
pollyann
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems