Sticky blood

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sticky blood

Postby Julia2960 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 10:39 am

The rheumatologist said I had sticky blood,and osteoarthritis, i had waited months in pain for the oppointment, and had hoped for some kind of treatment,he examined me,he took my blood pressure on both arms and thought it was odd it was different on each side,all he said was,we will see you in 4 months,i have now received an appointment for the vascular surgeon, my question is,is sticky blood anything to do with fibro, my local doctor said I had fibromyalgia, do you think I should contact the rheumatologist and say I can't wait 4 months,I'm in so much pain allover.
Julia2960
UKFM Member

Re: Sticky blood

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:02 pm

As far as i am aware there is no association with Sticky blood & fibro.

I have had a look up on sticky blood which maybe known as Huges Syndrome http://www.hughes-syndrome.org/about-hu ... -is-it.php

Its an isolated immune disease or can be associated with auto-immune diseases like Lupus. Fibro is not an auto-immune disease its a musculoskeletal disorder.

Although i am no doctor and may not be correct, i am just researching to see if i could help you with your post.

If i were you i would have a chat with you GP with your concerns and they can advise whats best. By reading up on the sticky bloood the Rhuemi is forwarding you onto the correct team but this is not associated with the fibro and pain your in so you will need to chat with GP to see what happens about your pain control.

Another option is to wait for the consultants write up as you'll get a copy to, this may have further information on it in regards to your pain / fibro & Osteoarthritis.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Sticky blood

Postby Julia2960 » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:13 pm

Thanks Lisa for looking into sticky blood,i have an appointment soon with my doctor and I also have a appointment with the pain clinic,so will be asking questions.
Julia2960
UKFM Member

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems