Bowel/bladder issues.

For all your questions and experiences of illnesses associated with FM e.g. thyroid, IBS, TMJD etc.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Bowel/bladder issues.

Postby eddiesolo » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:53 pm

Not been on in a while so apologies for that.

Something that has slowly gotten worse is my waste management...so to speak.

I have, on occasion, wet myself, just comes on and have had a few full on cannot stop going episodes.

Lately, my bowel habits have changed, I am putting this down to a more sedentary lifestyle as exercise is a real struggle, weight increase is also a possible cause, however, I have noticed that I leak slightly and have partly soiled myself. This is highly embarrassing and very distressing, not only for me, as I feel I am a dirty old man, but also for my family although they seem to be okay I know they are upset for me.

I also think that medications are also causing issues: Citalopram, Amitriptyline, plus pain meds-I stopped a codeine and paracetamol dose midday as it was making me constipated-this seems to have helped. Although my movements are foul smelling now despite plenty of vegetables/fruit etc.

I have read that bowl issues etc can be down to FM and I know that I go through acute flare ups, have had a few this year.

Is this something that others have experienced?

Si:)
eddiesolo
UKFM Member

Re: Bowel/bladder issues.

Postby perseus » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:48 am

I know enlarged prostate symptoms are common for men as they get older, I may have this or it's the side effect of the painkillers, In your case it seems more widespread so it would be worth seeing the Doctor.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi,

Personally I feel you need to have a chat with your GP

Doesn’t sound like fibro and could be your prostate or IBS
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby eddiesolo » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:29 pm

Thank you for your replies. Will have a word with the GP and see what they say.

Appreciate your comments.

Si:)
eddiesolo
UKFM Member

Postby SirWeeed » Mon May 07, 2018 5:36 pm

I hope you get through this :)
SirWeeed
UKFM Newbie

Return to Associated and Other Health Problems