Oramorph....

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Oramorph....

Postby shmoif » Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:23 pm

I've been on Oramorph for months now and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I give up on what drugs to take now :-(
shmoif
UKFM Newbie

Postby mrselizabeth » Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:46 pm

I have been taking Oramorph for the last three years. I have at least 50mg a day. I do hold it under my tounge for a few minutes, it takes the edge off along with heat pads..
mrselizabeth
UKFM Member

Postby heather trippett » Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:57 am

hi every1 :welcome: i take 40mg aday everday 300mg pre gabalin everydaplus loads of other alltogether 9 tablets every day just to get me out of bed diazapam helps on4 mg everyday and anything up to 30/40 mg on severe attack times this is also the time i take my oromorph it helps 40/50 mg knocks me out doesnt get rid of the pain but helps you to get some sleep as it knocks me out :sleep: :-D that is the only benefit to oromorph still waitin to see a pain clinic :?:
heather trippett
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:27 am

i used to take oramorph but stopped working so got swapped to oxycodine liquid 10mg every hr when needed
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby Harper27 » Tue May 09, 2017 7:49 am

Hiya I've never taken Oramorph but I am currently on an Extended release Morphine capsule that I take in the morning and at night. I take 30mg at a time, and I use tramadol for breakthrough pain. Maybe suggest this combo to your doctor instead? Or even ER morphine and your current Oramorph instead of tramadol for breakthrough pain. Sorry to hear that your meds aren't all too effective for your pain. Much love darling xx
Harper27
UKFM Member

Previous

Return to Treatments & Medication