Medipen

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Medipen

Postby LindyM66 » Sat May 06, 2017 8:16 am

Hi All

My husband purchased a medipen for me - it arrived on Thursday morning. I started using it immediately. I'm taking my usual meds, then an hour later, 3 or 4 " puffs" of the pen. 4 puffs again, after my afternoon meds, then the same at bedtime meds.
I absolutely cannot believe the difference it has made to my pain levels and stiffness. For the first time, in a very very long time - I feel human.
I guess it will be one of these things that may work for some, and not for others. Same as meds really eh!
It is completely legal, contaims 100% CBD oil with 0% THC ( the stuff that gets you stoned) - I wouldn't be using it otherwise.
I will update on a weekly basis, and I'm keeping a diary too - to monitor the effectiveness.
So far, so bloomin marvellous!

Have a read up on it, if you haven't already. There is also a video review by a young lady " Amy Yapp" on you tube. ( admin - I have included a link. If this is not allowes, please remove it and accept my apologies)

Much Love
Lindy x

https://medipen.co/
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Re: Medipen

Postby *Lisa* » Sat May 06, 2017 12:11 pm

Link is fine with me Lindy as your not promoting it for your own moneys just letting peeps know there something out there to help with pain relief :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I know a few fibros currently trying the Medipen with positive results.

What I would like to know on your reportings is how expensive this can come to?

I think what puts alot of people off is the price.

Be interested to see how you get on :-D great to hear all OK so far :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby LindyM66 » Sat May 06, 2017 7:58 pm

The starter kit, which contains the pen, cartridge and charger costs 50 quid Lisa. Each cartridge contains 1ml of oil, and costs 25 quid. So it is quite expensive. Depending on usage, will dictate how long it lasts. I had 3 puffs this morning, and 3 this afternoon, and will have 3 at bedtime.
Website gives the "lowdown" on the products available.

Certainly worth it to feel human again.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Tue May 30, 2017 1:28 pm

Wee update:

Been using the Medipen ( in addition to my meds) for almost 4 weeks ( be 4 weeks exactly on Thur).
I have found it to be very effective. It has reduced my pain/stiffness greatly. I continue to feel more alert. I still get fatigued in the early afternoon - but nowhere near like before.
The 1st cartridge lasted 3 weeks and 2 days. My husband ordered an extra cartridge along with the starter kit, and I ordered 1 yesterday, so all going well, it will work out at purchasing 1 a month. Each cartridge is 25 quid each - so thats like 8 quid a week.
I've certainly found it to be well worth the money.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Jun 09, 2017 11:57 am

That's great news Lindy, thanks for the update.

I am seriously considering it and also a friend of mine.

We have other medication to take and am worried of any contradictions.

I think I'm ok but my friend is on morphine and sleeping tablets. One would assume to ditch the sleeping meds.

She also has sleep apnea. So may have to email them to be safe and speak with GP

Have you any take on the above?

What meds do you take with Medipen? Pm me if you don't wish to discuss on boards just that I'm interested in finding as much out as I can

Thanks Lindy
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Bobby16 » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:12 pm

Hi, what is this. I've never heard of it. I don't tollorate medications . Wow, I just can't believe something that might relieve symtoms. It sounds like great news.☺
Bobby16
UKFM Member

Postby LindyM66 » Sat Jun 24, 2017 4:42 pm

Sorry for the late response folks, but I didn't realise you had posted - fool that I am.
Lisa, regarding contraindications with other meds, since it is pure CBD oil (mixed with some coconut oil) I wouldn't imagine it would have a negative effect. However, no harm asking the GP. It contains no THC at all. That's the stuff that gives you the stoned feeling.
I take tramadol and gabapentin, and was taking diazepam (which I stopped, as it was useless), and have had no ill effects.
Bobby, if you click on the link on the first post, you can read all about the medipen. It's a vape pen - pure cannabis oil.
It continues to make a marked difference to my pain and stiffness. Jings - some days I don't use my crutch! I'm sleeping better too. And generally just feel brighter.

Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Postby Bobby16 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Thanks I will ask my GP. I feel my fatigue has lifted slightly. Just awaiting MRI results of thoracic spine. Currently got a swollen shoulder very painful. Awaiting XRay results.I wonder if my diagnosis for fibromyalgia is correct.
Bobby16
UKFM Member

Postby Charlie73 » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:24 pm

Hi Lindy,

I haven't really been on here much for the last few months, not been great, and last week I was signed off until October :cry: Sorry to read you've been having a rough time of it too. I'm intrigued with this medipen, I've been seeing quite a bit about CBD recently and fibro relief. I'm going to have a click on your link to do some reading before my eyes shut for the evening! Pleased to read you're having some success with it :-)

I'm on maximum gabapentin, have been since before Christmas, but I feel like the effect is wearing off a bit, waiting for another referral to pain management, although I cant see they have any other options. Already tried pregabalin. The only traditional pain meds I can take are paracetamol and meloxicam, and then morphine. I have crazy reactions to everything else.
Charlie73
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication