Marijuana for chronic pain?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Marijuana for chronic pain?

Postby mangotree » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:35 am

Hi, I just want to ask is someone has any idea on which marijuana strain would be very effective when it comes with chronic back pain.
I injured my back at work and been suffering for almost 3 months now and mostly can't sleep properly at night. I refrain my self on taking meds coz they only take the pain for a minute or so and back again. So that's the reason I started my research on medical marijuana and found this along the way http://www.ilovegrowingmarijuana.com/hindu-kush/.
I have no idea that marijuana now can ease the pain, cbd and thc are all new to me. I also read that drinking it as tea or as a muffin/cake is an option, but is the pain-relief effects the same? Why can't they simply make pills out of marijuana - or maybe there are that I am not aware of. I only tried smoking it a couple of times with some friends and occationally.
If it's true that it can take away the pain, then I would very much appreciate any ideas and advice on what strain is good and how to use it medically. Thanks in advance to those who'll answer.
mangotree
UKFM Newbie

Re: Marijuana for chronic pain?

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Mar 01, 2017 1:07 pm

Hi,

Im afraid we cannot discuss anything that is illegal on the forum :( but we can discuss things like the Medipen https://medipen.co/ which has become very commen for pain especially for Fibro's which has become legal. I have heard many people having a positive response to this Medipen.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby jackaddict » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:52 am

Unfortunately, medical cannabis is not legal in the UK, so using it could wind you up in trouble with the police, assuming you could even find any.
jackaddict
UKFM Member

Postby Eian Mcneely » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:36 am

I also heard from a friend about the effectiveness of Marijuana and some south american brews but the unfortunately these practices are not allowed by the states and is punishable :-? ....
Eian Mcneely
UKFM Member

Postby Buzzer7 » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:43 pm

I am a builder. Once I have been injured in the workplace. And after that, I had terrible chronical pains in my shoulder. I tried almost everything, but then doctor suggested trying Hindu Kush strain. In the long run, it helped.
Buzzer7
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication