Nortriptyline or 5HTP...

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nortriptyline or 5HTP...

Postby mand » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:35 pm

saw the G.P this morning. I'm in the process of coming off gabapentin and using duloxitine. Suffered side effects mainly sweating and insomnia. Kick in the teeth time,was diagnosed with glaucoma. As from today i stopped taking duloxitine. Reduced the gabapentin and now feeling it.gp has offered nortriptyline but finding it hard to decide...I'm edging for 5HTP. Can anybody suggest anything instead of gabapentin, this Plays havoc with acne rosacea......I've got a funny feeling in going to crash and burn of i dont sort out asap..Many thanks guys
mand
UKFM Member

Re: Nortriptyline or 5HTP...

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Jul 08, 2018 11:49 am

The only thing I can really suggest is maybe have a chat with a pharmacist. Call up or go into any local chemist.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby mand » Sun Jul 08, 2018 8:02 pm

I now have 5 HTP and will commence in a few days, gp said the duloxitine takes around 3 days to come out of the system. Whilst I was in H&B, the assistant mentioned about the cbd oil that was on offer. She was helpful and said research and anything she could help with,she would... I asked her the usual question...is it addictive :lol: always ask gp the same question...... Now is there anybody out there using it...I feel like I'm going to break the law :yikes:......again thanks
mand
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:16 am

I know many using it and you will not be breaking the law. People also use the oil in other ways like a medipen.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby mand » Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:08 pm

I've been on 5HTP for nearly a week, was taking it at night but was not sleepy and feeling groggy during the day.... So flipped meds time and taking it now Am rather than Pm, last night I got 5 hrs sleep :clap: was stirring but not wide awake.. Made a desision I'm going to try pregablin after a discussion with the pharmacy
mand
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication