Morphine for fibro.... Any good

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Morphine for fibro.... Any good

Postby Sweetpea9680 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:59 am

Hi ive had fibro for 5 yrs now and been on various meds, currently codeine, pregablin, paracetamol, sertraline. Im keen to try morphine as been on other pain relief for yrs now and feel like its not working anymore. Ive just changed drs as my old drs was bad for being seen and when i asked about morphine i was told id have to be referred to a pain clinic and that it would be their decision if i had any kind of morphine although the dr said morphine isnt very good for fibro yet ive heard of others being given it no issues. I suffer horrible muscle spasms in my back and legs and my current meds just arnt helping. Im scared if i mention morphine that my dr will think im some druggy. Dont know what to do or anything.... Pls pls anyone with any experience of morphine for fibro pls help :roll:
Sweetpea9680
UKFM Newbie

Re: Morphine for fibro.... Any good

Postby *Lisa* » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:42 am

Hi,

I haven’t tried morphine as of yet but know many others that have or are on it and it’s again a hit and miss really. Works for some and not for others.

I do know the NHS are getting very strict on prescribing certain medications and one of them is morphine. This is why I’m assuming you’ll need to be seen by the pain clinic.

If the medication your on is not helping then I would ask for a pain clinic referral so they can look into your pain control.

The pain clinic consultants are licensed to prescribe a whole range of medications, treatments and therapies. It could be helpful to you. Another option.

Have you tried baclofen? This can help muscle spasms. Just an idea for another possibility.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby Sweetpea9680 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:00 pm

Need to go see my dr, its just soul destroying when they either assume your a druggy or have no idea how much pain you in and how that impacts your life and mental state. When i was referred to pain clinic by my old gps i never had an appointment come through and its like your stuck in this cycle of waiting for appointments, or relief or understanding..... Im just not coping with any of it. My husband isnt compassionate in anyway and i can be a mess in bed doubled up and he still expects his dinner on table and the house looking ptristine. Fibro is ruining my life and i have no coping mechanism
Sweetpea9680
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sweetpea9680 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 4:19 pm

Can anyone help me pls.... I feel so judged by drs these days, to get one that really understands and shows you some compassion is rare. Need to go get some better meds but feel embarrassed and depressed because most of the drs just fob you off and look at you like you dont have a clue about your own body. I was wondering about writing a letter to one of the main drs at my surgery and explaining how i feel because a 10 min appointment just dont give you the opportunity to really make them see. Pls guys need your advice and help and experiences
Sweetpea9680
UKFM Newbie

Postby perseus » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:56 pm

Hi

Is there a local Fibromyalgia group in your area you could visit?

Regarding medication, have you tried Duloxetine?

I would be careful of going onto morphine, and I doubt if many Dr's will prescribe it
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia. Regards Stephen
perseus

Postby *Lisa* » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:43 am

A letter to your GP is a good way of expressing yourself and to be heard.

You could give this a try?

I personally will seek out another doctor in the practice if I feel I’m being judged. If I wasn’t to get anywhere then yes I would write a letter and if that did not bring any help I would change GP surgeries.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Treatments & Medication