Citalopram and Nortriptyline

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Citalopram and Nortriptyline

Postby stodgers » Sat Sep 19, 2015 2:02 pm

Anyone been prescribed this combination?

Just been given the citalopram to help with my anxiety and already take nortriptyline. It says in the leaflet they should not be taken together. I spoke to the pharmacist yesterday and after discussing with the doctor they said it'd be ok if i took one in the morning and one at night but I still feel a bit uneasy taking them together. Hoping to get some reassurance frm someone who has taken both or similar?
stodgers
UKFM Member

Re: Citalopram and Nortriptyline

Postby Joanne123321 » Sat Sep 19, 2015 3:00 pm

My doctor is taking me off citalopram then putting me on nortriplyne. He said I can't take the two together. He is gradually reducing the citalopram then starting me on other.
Joanne123321
UKFM Newbie

Postby AliAndy » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:43 pm

Hello Stodgers. I take both. Citalopram 10mg and Nortriptyline 5mg together. I have been taking both at night for about 4 months and have been fine. I take them no later than 18.00 otherwise I am too sleepy in the morning for work ( I have to be up by 6.15) I also take pregabalin 75mg with them. Since adding the Nortriptyline I sleep very well 6 nights out of 7. Hope this helps :-)
AliAndy
UKFM Newbie

Postby stodgers » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:05 pm

AliAndy wrote:Hello Stodgers. I take both. Citalopram 10mg and Nortriptyline 5mg together. I have been taking both at night for about 4 months and have been fine. I take them no later than 18.00 otherwise I am too sleepy in the morning for work ( I have to be up by 6.15) I also take pregabalin 75mg with them. Since adding the Nortriptyline I sleep very well 6 nights out of 7. Hope this helps :-)

I take 20mg of citalopram and 75mg of nortriptyline although only taking 50mg since starting the citalopram as I'm wary!
stodgers
UKFM Member

Postby Feathers77 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:42 pm

How do those taking these together find they help please . I am on 20mg Citalopram only and it is now just not enough .
Feathers77
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication