Duloxetine

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Duloxetine

Postby Butterfly8588 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:26 pm

Hi guys,

I just wondered if anyone had tried it? Good or bad experiences would be appreciated please. It was pitched to me by pain management as the latest wonder drug and that always makes me suspicious. It also makes me worry they want to put me straight up to the highest level of 60mg, surely this encourages side effects?

Gentle hugs xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Re: Duloxetine

Postby Sarahjbass » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:49 pm

My rheumatologist suggested I try it and I've found it good. I'm also on pregablyn, amatryptaline and MST. I think the protocol is to start on 60. That's what I'm on too . Hope that helps
Sarahjbass
UKFM Newbie

Postby bronzekitten41 » Sun Nov 22, 2015 5:18 pm

My doctor put me on it and I am finding it really good - no real side affects - feel so much better as it has taken away some the pain and my moods are much better - gradually starting to become me again,
bronzekitten41
UKFM Newbie

Postby Andyp » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:54 pm

I take 90mg per day of duloxetine and have been taking it for around 3 years, after being on Prozac for many years before that. Sometimes it takes a bit of the edge off my depression/anxiety, however, I do sometimes find my hand or arm have a bit of an attack of the tremors but I don't whether this is a side effect of duloxetine or because of the other medication I'm on - I also take 250 mg of Naproxen and 1800 mg of Gabapentin.

Hope it works for you.
Andyp
UKFM Member

Postby Butterfly8588 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:48 am

Thank you all so much for your replies.

I decided I would give them a go and took a tablet at 9pm last night. By 12 I was feeling light headed and giddy and by 1am I was feeling so sick I couldn't move because it increased it ten fold. To call it nausea would be an injustice to how poorly I was/am feeling. I seem to be going through the list of side effects and slowly ticking them off cos I've also got a dry mouth, lack of balance and altered taste. My throat feels tight to, not to a dangerous level but definitely tighter then normal. I've informed my partner and he's up keeping an eye on me so I'm safe.

I know I was told this could happen but there's no way I can live with these symptoms, I'd never get out of bed again. I have problems with nearly all pain killers so I guess I'm just going to have to live with the pain.

Thanks again for taking the time to reply to me xx
I'm the ghost of a girl that I want to be most, I'm the shell of a girl that I used to know well.
Butterfly8588
UKFM Member

Postby cdcrossy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:39 pm

I'm on them too and had same effects but they do pass after a day or so
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Postby rubes » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:06 pm

I found Naproxen really good but had to stop taking it, I am asthmatic and it brings on attacks. :(
rubes
UKFM Member

Postby mamamaka » Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:49 pm

If you can, try it for a few days before stopping... If it's making you that ill all the time tho I'm guessing it wouldn't work for you :(
I'm currently on 90mg along with 30mg of amitriptiline at night. .... Not sure how well its working but I haven't had the side effects that I got with gabepentin and pregablin.
Good luck if you do stick with it and also good luck if you don't xx
mamamaka
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication