Magnesium Tablets

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Magnesium Tablets

Postby pad all » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:38 pm

I am thinking about trying magnesium tablets to see if they will help with my legs problem of soreness,tingling and nerve fibre damage. Has any one else tried them. I would be pleased to hear your comments.
pad all
UKFM Member

Re: Magnesium Tablets

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Nov 23, 2015 5:48 pm

:cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: :cow-wave: and :welcome: :welcome: to our little FibroFamily xx

I've moved you into here with you asking about a treatment as it's a more suitable board for your question. Magnesium have been mentioned on a number of occasions, if you enter it into the Search box in the top right corner of the page, when you hit Enter, it should bring up all topics where it is mentioned. Not just new/the latest ones, but older ones as well that probably haven't seen the light of day for a pretty long time.

As with most things FM~related, results and benefits of treatments can be varied to say the least, so try to keep your mind as open as you can if you decide to give them a go. Also, you might want to check with your GP, Friendly~Neighbourhood Pharmacist, or other suitable healthcare practitioner before starting something new/extra about possible interactions and problems that could potntially arise with any other meds, treatments, supplements etc you are taking, incl those that can be bought over the counter.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Wriggy1 » Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:41 pm

I found that Magnesium tablets were very rough on my digestion, and upset my stomach, then a friend recommended Magnesium Spray instead. Magnesium can be absorbed quite well through the skin and it doesn't upset digestion, so I gave it a go. It's great, and I have even started making my own, as the branded products on the market can be quite expensive. It has helped with my palpitations, cramps and pains etc., and I now use it every morning after a shower, and apply to my thighs before I go to bed at night. I researched it, and found that many women, especially over 50 are deficient in Magnesium, and a deficiency can cause all sorts of unpleasant symptoms, many of which are also associated with Fibromyalgia. Well worth a try, but I wouldn't recommend the tablet form.
Wriggy1
UKFM Newbie

Postby Paulinehough » Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:21 pm

I take Magnesium tablets but also use Betteryou Magnesium Oil.
I have found that the addition of the spray really helps. There are several varieties available in this line and can be bought from good health shops or from Amazon.
Try it, you have nothing to lose.
Paulinehough
UKFM Newbie

Postby Angie Baby » Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:15 am

Hi wiggie1 how do you make your own magnesium spray? I'm on dla and so money's too tight to mention lol :( :crazy:
Angie Baby
UKFM Member

Postby Gilly52 » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:38 pm

Does anyone have a problem in that Magnesium tablets seem to have a big laxative effect on me, so I pick and choose days when to take them due to going out etc....so probably not doing me much good this way ????? :(
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Postby pad all » Tue Nov 24, 2015 4:37 pm

Thank you every one for your comments re magnesium tablets. I have already checked with my GP who does not know much about fibro. He suggested I go ahead and try them even suggested where I could get some. I am taking half a tablet after lunch. I tried taking it in the evening but found I was wide awake at bedtime, so could not go off to sleep. Certainly helps with soreness and tingling in feet/legs. I will try the oil from Amazon anything is worth trying. I could very well be deficient in magnesium as I had a total hysterectomy.
pad all
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication