Cure????

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Cure????

Postby boxesgirl33 » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:54 pm

boxesgirl33
UKFM Member

Re: Cure????

Postby alibp » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:05 pm

Wouldn't explain the markers in the blood cells that are used in the blood test that was proven effective last year. If the issues in the blood it won't be cured by removing blood vessels from the hand. From medical data I have read the blood test has 99% success rate. The percentage of people diagnosed with fibromyalgia that had the blood vessel clusters was far lower.
alibp
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Mar 24, 2016 10:18 pm

This has popped up a few times over the past couple of years or so. Each time it appears, the article reads pretty much the same as this one does. It creates a bit of a buzz, but when searches have been done to see if there has been any follow~up research/info, unfortunately nothing comes up.

Sent from my C5303 using Tapatalk
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby pad all » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:24 pm

I have read Dr Rice,s papers and as far as I am concerned he is on to something. Over half the patients in his study group fibro was found to be hereditary. If you have one parent with these symptoms your chances of inheriting it is over 50 per cent. My mum had these symptoms plus she was born with migraine and vascular disease particularly in her legs. I am the same. As far as I know this skin tissue test was not available in the UK. It really needs some scientists in our universities to look into this. People develop fibro for more than one reason. This may be the answer for some people which can only be a good thing. I know of someone with fibro that has been past down for at least the last 3 generations.
pad all
UKFM Member

Postby boxesgirl33 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:28 pm

That's very interesting pad all its not hereditary in my family as yet but my children are 19 and 15 but my 15 year old does show some symptoms like the fatigue but the doctors are putting it down to her thyroid as she has and under active thyroid but it's always boarder line ??May I ask how old are you and do you have children and are they showing any signs of this terrible disease. And how old are the three generations that have it and have they been through any trauma or has it just come from nowhere? X
boxesgirl33
UKFM Member

Postby *Lisa* » Sun Mar 27, 2016 12:59 pm

The hereditary topic has always been a one of confusion. In theory apparently not enough studies have been done to see whether or not it is. Then I get my GP telling me the other week that it is :crazy:

Now in my case myself and my daughter have FM & CFS & TMJ she unfortunately was diagnosed aged just 16 (symptoms from 14) but so far it has not Impacted her daily life like mine has although in the beginning it did. Shes managed to work and also have a baby. Mind you I watch over her to make sure she does not burn herself out and am always learning from my mistakes and for her to live better then I did in the way of pacing/managing pain etc...

My mum suffers from *aches & pains* and apparently my great grandmother was always in pain but back then it was always classed as Rhuematism.

On the other side my granddad always had severe stiffness and arthritis as long as I can remember and my nan suffered well to with body pains.

:shock:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Treatments & Medication