Different medication

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Different medication

Postby Alexr » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:29 pm

Hi,
I'm new to all this and would like some advise.
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia late last year after what felt like forever. I tried to sort things out myself but I was really struggling and decided to go to the doctors for some medication. The doctor prescribed amitriptaline which worked for a couple of day but then stopped. I went back to the doctor who upped the dosage and the same happened again. This kept going on until I was at the max dose and they decided to change me to sertraline. I had some bad side effects from this and didn't see no changes so they upped the dose again which didn't do anything. The doctor has now taken me off of them and has put me on citalopram which I have taken my first dose of today. The doctor has signed me off work for 2 weeks and has said the new medication should of kicked in by the time I'm due back which I'm hoping will be the case.
The sleep issues and headaches is the things that I can not deal with and which I'm trying to get under control. The doctor gave me some zopiclone in the hope I would get a couple of nights sleep which I wish I could say helped but it didn't. I didn't sleep any better and felt so rough the next day that I decided it isn't worth taking.
I'm only 4ft9 and weigh 7 and a half stone so I really thought I would feel the effects of some of the medication I have tried. Is this normal? Sorry for being a pain, I just really don't know where else to go for some advise.
Thankyou :)
Alexr
UKFM Newbie

Return to Treatments & Medication