MST and oramorph

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

MST and oramorph

Postby cdcrossy » Tue May 17, 2016 7:52 am

hi i was on tramadol 200mg slow release twice a day with 900mg gabapentine 3 times a day duluxitine 30mg at night lansorole 30mg in morning naproxen twice a day 500mg paracetamol 500mg 2x 4 times a day also a quinnie soulphate at night for my legs. now with me also feeling in pain after all that lol my dr has given me MST morphine slow release 30mg twice a day started at 10mg and had to build up also gave me 100ml of oramorph as well for inbetween has anyone else had this and also is it stronger than the tramadol as they have taken that away now thanks
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Re: MST and oramorph

Postby migrembe » Tue May 17, 2016 8:31 am

When I got to the point where nothing was working, i slowly stopped everything one pill/dose at a time, because if i could take all that and still be in pain then what was the point of continuing to poison my body in such a dreadful way - however, i am or was a staff nurse, so i had some idea of what i was doing. It was only after every pill was out of my body that i went back to my GP and told her what i had done, she thought i was crazy, but after i had explained why, she understood the reasoning behind it.

Now i take pantoprazole for my stomach, lots of problems with my stomach, Duloxetine, 30mg because my body cannot take 60mg which is the normal daily dose and co-codamol 30/500 x 2 up 4 doses in 24 hours. I also meditate twice a day, do a few small yoga stretches and get out of bed most days even if it is only to have a shower and sit of the sofa for an hour. Personally i wouldn't take MST/oramorph it's addictive and if all the other pills you are taking are not helping there is no reason to think that it will either. However, if you decide to go down that road i take yourself off everything else first and see if the pain is any worse. If it is no worse than the pills weren't actually doing anything useful in the first place, which is what i found when i stopped them.

Am I in pain, yes, there is always a dull humming vibration, along with the joint pain from the osteoarthritis, i also have chronic fatigue syndrome and chronic depression. We need to have a high level of self care - we need to put what we need first and everyone and everything else second, but unless we take the time to listen to our bodies and what they are telling us we will never know what that is.

I hope I haven't confused you even more. If yu haven't tried meditation you might like this website https://www.headspace.com/
Anything is worth trying, right?

Beverley :hugs:
migrembe
UKFM Member

Re: MST and oramorph

Postby cdcrossy » Tue May 17, 2016 5:29 pm

thanks for the reply
i got rid of all meds and started from scratch but found actually that i could cope with paracetamol but cannabis helped more than any other pill i had taken but due to not being able to get it i had to start meds again i was using a vaporizer for it had i never touched the stuff before i was skeptical but after i did i thought no turning back then could not get it again after a few months. so i had to resort back to pills and when i got up to a high dose my gp would not give me anything else and was basically saying i was thinking that the more pills i had the better ( i honestly dont know what planet they are from lol ) it wasnt untill i rang the gp one day and got a different dr who had a freind who has fybro too knew exactly what i was talking about i did ask for sativex a raw form of cannabis spray used on MS suffers now but got told no then i ended up on oramorph but at the mo it makes me sleeply if im sitting but as soon as i get up im ok its strange but i cannot see me on this stuff long. i have fairly a pain free day but still know my limits if you know what i mean its a crazy disease.
cdcrossy
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication