Flupirtrine

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Flupirtrine

Postby tintagel » Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:10 pm

Anyone else tried Flupirtine, supposed to be amazing painkiller and muscle relaxant for fibro. I'm taking it and it's doing nothing. X
tintagel
UKFM Member

Re: Flupirtrine

Postby Claire'scomfycorner » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:03 pm

I haven't tried flupirtine. How long have you been taking it? It may take a while to work. Perhaps you could talk to your GP about trying something else or looking at the dosage. I must admit that my painkillers (tramadol, pregabalin and naproxen) only take the edge off the pain on a good day. It's about working with your GP and trying to see what works. At the moment my GP has increased my pregabalin to see if it makes a difference, time will tell.

Hugs
Claire
x
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia :) x
Claire'scomfycorner
UKFM Member

Re: Flupirtrine

Postby *Lisa* » Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:31 am

Hi,

You may want to try and put Flupirtine in the search bar above as im sure this type of medication is not prescribed on NHS. Only approved in Europe even tho studies say its supposed to be a good medication for fibromyalgia.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Return to Treatments & Medication