Trying Pregabalin anyone use Topiramate?

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Trying Pregabalin anyone use Topiramate?

Postby SharnieB » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:02 pm

Hi

For the second time I agreed with my GP to try pregabalin for fibro pain. As before I'm finding it helps with the pain BUT side effects are stupidly tired and spaced out and 'lazy'-like (just can't do anything basically). This is the same as the last time I tried it, plus I was on it longer and had a big increase in appetite and put on weight. Last time I started on 50mg night and morning. This time 25mg is my starting point but I still have the side effects. Doesn't look like it's a drug for me :(

Has anyone tried or currently using Topiramate?

Thanks

xx
SharnieB
UKFM Newbie

Re: Trying Pregabalin anyone use Topiramate?

Postby LindyM66 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:55 am

Hi Sharnie,

I've never tried Topiramate, I take Gabapentin, which seems to work well for me, along with the Tramadol.
My daughter takes Topiramate for cluster headaches.
Anti convulsant meds, given in a low dose are said to be useful for some, for pain relief/control. It's like running the gaunlet, trying different meds or combinations of meds, to find which one works for you.
I was wary about gaining weight with the gabapentin, but I've lost weight - almost 2 st! However the tramadol can suppress the appetite, which it certainly has done for me.

I hope you find something to help you soon.
Much Love
Lindy x
LindyM66
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication