Diazepam when to take

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Diazepam when to take

Postby gafjo » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:16 pm

Hi all

Currently off work been 2 weeks now gp tweaked my medication. No improvements have got worse to - my muscles feel like dried up sponges that have no flexibility and I struggle to move. On top of this if I do manage to walk I have painful burning pins and needles like sensation all over my body. If I shower the water hitting my skin is horrendous. Been back to gp today and they have tweaked the duloxetine and given me diazepam to try help the muscles relax which should then help with me not sleeping.

Wanted to know what's the best time to take the diazepam- dr said I go 3 tablets per day. I have enough meds as it is so don't really want to have to take too many or be asleep during the day.

Any advice welcome

Thank you in advance

Jo xx
gafjo
UKFM Newbie

Re: Diazepam when to take

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:35 pm

Hi,

I think it all depends on dosage. If its 2mg then you maybe ok. I woud then take the 2mg morning as stiffness worse then and before bed to aid sleep and help with stiffening up overnight then whenever you feel its needed in day.

If its a 5mg or 10mg then you could get sleepy and you'll have to work around your day so you have a few hours to nap if it makes you drowsy.

I get prescribed diazapam frequantly with my stiffness, strains & spasms.
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Diazepam when to take

Postby Patsb » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:57 pm

My dr won't up my diazepam even tho it's only thing that helps grrrr. I have to make 14 last a month. :-|
Patsb
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication