Weight gain

All your questions and experiences of medication and treatments on the NHS or Private Healthcare.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Weight gain

Postby Roselil » Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:42 pm

Dear sufferers, Has anyone put on much weight through being disabled with fibromyalgia? I also have M.E. I was a size 14, but now I am size 18, and now finding those clothes are too tight. That is another thing with fibro. We cannot bear anything tight on our painful bodies, right? Just want easy, floppy, comfortable clothes. In fact, I live mostly in my night-clothes.

Any thoughts? sincerely, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Re: Weight gain

Postby *Lisa* » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:35 pm

Yep! Iv put on weight because i am not so active anymore and also live in my Pj's
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Re: Weight gain

Postby Roselil » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:30 pm

So sorry, Lisa, that you have also put on weight. I have been disabled for 30 years, including 3 years confined to bed, but now I am just too heavy, can hardly sit in my wheelchair. Anyone got any ideas? I used to be so slim, and at one time, could not put on any weight. I try desperately to keep moving, but its hard work and I feel so terribly lethargic. I eat little, but do still eat light white bread, because I cannot chew or digest anything else.
I used to be a ballroom-dancer in my early years!!! Anyone got a sensible slimming plan?

Sincerely, Roselil
Roselil
UKFM Member

Return to Treatments & Medication